Which Coilovers?

Xdwardo

I have a set of £170 'budget' coil overs on order which I'll get fitted this week..

WHat coilovers are you getting Tigz?.. What kind of drop do you get with them?

Very tempted by these.. when everyone says "remove the adjusters" to get it lower.. is this an easy job?.. How low can you go with the adjusters in place?

Yes, it's very easy, you just don't put them on in the first place.

You can't go quite low enough on the back with the adjusters in, it leaves arch gap.

Even if you do fit them, then decide to remove the adjusters, it's only a 10 minute job to remove them. Jack the back of the car up, put it on axle stands (on the jacking points, not the axle), lower the axle down and lift the springs off, wind the adjuster off, refit springs, lower car back down.

Yes, it's very easy, you just don't put them on in the first place.

You can't go quite low enough on the back with the adjusters in, it leaves arch gap.

Even if you do fit them, then decide to remove the adjusters, it's only a 10 minute job to remove them. Jack the back of the car up, put it on axle stands (on the jacking points, not the axle), lower the axle down and lift the springs off, wind the adjuster off, refit springs, lower car back down.

Gotcha.. so you could maybe at a later date alter the ride hieght if you wanted, to put putting the adjuster back on.. (bit long winded obviously but at least the options there)

If those are the same re-brand ones as raceland use, I'd recommend you steer well clear. We special ordered in a whole load for some people on one of the Polo forums and had loads returned with scathing reviews of them. They were crashy, leaked and weighed a ton compared to other coilovers..

If those are the same re-brand ones as raceland use, I'd recommend you steer well clear. We special ordered in a whole load for some people on one of the Polo forums and had loads returned with scathing reviews of them. They were crashy, leaked and weighed a ton compared to other coilovers..

Can anyone confirm if these are the ones in question?.. Anybody got any reviews for these budget coillies?..

Can anyone confirm if these are the ones in question?.. Anybody got any reviews for these budget coillies?..

No idea yet mate.

We'll see when they arrived.

But TBH, if you are planning any coilover to be run ower than they are approved for you may experiance problems sooner than expected.

i jus stuck a set of them in mine. left the fks at the back for now as they go lower than the technix. wouldn feel as confident flying into a roundabout with the ta compared to he fks but they r decent enough and no where near as harsh as people had said.. i no its prob not a good idea to mix and match collies but sure.

030.jpg

for some reason my edit tool doesnt work i reckon must b the explorer 8 i accidentally downloaded and cant get the old one back. boo hoo.

i jus stuck a set of them in mine. left the fks at the back for now as they go lower than the technix. wouldn feel as confident flying into a roundabout with the ta compared to he fks but they r decent enough and no where near as harsh as people had said.. i no its prob not a good idea to mix and match collies but sure.

Are these the budgets Scoob?.. Why ya getting rid of your FKs?

my front fks were leaking and were out of warranty so needed the new fronts for mot, and yes they r the budget ones tigz etc r talking about. not bad considering the price although i had a bit of trouble with the thread. but adjustment is still fine and dandy.

After much deliberation.. I ordered my AP Coilovers today from Awesome :D Out of all the options, I felt the AP's were just above the budget ones in terms of quality and longevity.. soooo... will hopefully have them fitted in a couple of weeks and will give you an update as to how they 'ride' B)

After much deliberation.. I ordered my AP Coilovers today from Awesome :D Out of all the options, I felt the AP's were just above the budget ones in terms of quality and longevity.. soooo... will hopefully have them fitted in a couple of weeks and will give you an update as to how they 'ride' B)

Yeah please do :) as i am looking at them as well, and plan on buying some sooner rather than later :) as my suspension is about to fall off -_-, may ask for a loan of the rents :)