Windscreen Question

Nicki

Hello boys & girls

Quick question for those of you in the know - is the GTI (front) windscreen the same as non-GTIs?

Got autoglass coming on Thurs to replace my windscreen and just had this sudden "Urgh" thought that the bloke might turn up with the wrong one...

Cant see it being any different mate :)

I did some research on this a while ago as my GTI screen was damaged. Although it was repaired without the need of a new screen - however they did quote me for two screens that could fit a Lupo gti. I think one has a gap for the VIN number :confused: and the other hasn't

Sam

I did some research on this a while ago as my GTI screen was damaged. Although it was repaired without the need of a new screen - however they did quote me for two screens that could fit a Lupo gti. I think one has a gap for the VIN number :confused: and the other hasn't

Sam

Oridnary Lupo's have a window for the VIN too, IIRC though the GTi has a green tint (could be wrong though) :)

Yes they are, there thinner. I had the same problem.

The 3L, TDi and GTi have a different windscreen to the other lupos.

Part number is 6E0 845 011 E for gti, tdi and 3l

The other lupos have 6X0 845 011...

John

Yes they are, there thinner. I had the same problem.

The 3L, TDi and GTi have a different windscreen to the other lupos.

Part number is 6E0 845 011 E for gti, tdi and 3l

The other lupos have 6X0 845 011...

John

Shouldn't that be 3L, GTi and FSi? I think you'll find that the 1.4Tdi had the 'standard' windscreen. The 3L, GTi and FSi all had the same lightweight body (thinner but stronger steel) and were only built at Wolfsburg.

RAB

Information straight off elsa/etka.

I dint put the fsi on the list, as they arent in the uk at all. where we know of some imported 3l's

To be 100% correct, it was the 3L, tdi, fsi and gti that came with that screen.

John

Edited by CasperGTI

is the GTI etc etc screen thinner than the other lupo screens then? AND has a tint? mine needs doing...Nicki can you ask the autoglass guy when he does come out how much it was please as my car isn't on the road yet and i may need to do this for MOT.

Its costing me £60 as i'm insured fully comp... will get my Mum to ask what it would've cost if I was having to pay for it.

(I'm leaving the car at home for the day so Mum's gonna sort it out for me - nowhere to park at work at the mo as we've got scaffolding around the office whilst they fix the roof)

i reckon elephant will think i'm takin the piss if i insure the lupo only to call to have the windscreen done lol...so i may end up paying the full price but i know a guy, who knows a guy ;)

I paid for a GTI mk5 screen on my mk4 and it set me back £120 cash. Thanks again...

I remember Martin (lupogtiboy) having a new windscreen fitted to his GTi, and he said the glass was thinner. No doubt his thread will have the part numbers in it too... (if I could find it)

EDIT: This is the thread I am thinking about http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?sho...p;hl=windscreen

Edited by jon_273