where has my gti gone!

mickyp

i recently traded in my lupo gti for a civic type r and i was just wondering where it might end up! it was a great car but things move on..the reg is L70UPO tornado red...2003.i traded it in at a honda garage in lancashire.so if anybody on here has bought it or know where it has gone.i just want to know if it is in good hands.. :cry:

Micky, you sound like you truly miss your Lupo... so I'm willing to offer you mine in a swap, so you dont need to suffer any more laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I was never really a fan of the CTR, but I REALLY like that one!

QUOTE(twisty `b-road`)
Handles well out of the crate doesn't it?

yeah very well.its very stiff and firm on the bends but the back end can be a bit twichy compared to the lupo, thats because its a bigger car.yeah i love it!the lupo will always has a place in my heart tho!!!! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(twisty `b-road`)
It's a whole different league mate, don't even bother racing one if there's any straights

CTR doesn't  even get into it's stride till 90mph, which is the opposite of the Lupo

i agree but the lupo is a very quick car.the ctr is a second or so quicker to sixty but the `0-60` time (6.5)of a ctr doesn't do it justice as it's just started moving, but the `0-100` does(16)maybe just under.where as the lupo was rapid to about 80 the ctr just keeps going and going all the way to 140 easily then u can sqeeze 150 out of it with a long strech of road.the only reason i moved on was because of this.The lupo is a very cool car and will beat majority of the cars on the road `0-60` but the ctr is up there with focus rs,clio 182's,seat cupra r's etc...and in IMO a step up.

QUOTE(spooks)
Does it feel a lot faster than the lupo gti?

and for feeling faster than the gti.well it feels smooth untill the vtec at 6000rpm then all hell breaks loose...just feels like a turbo coming in a 6 all the way to 8250rpm biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Beutiful car mate, i see one near me in that colour and its by far the best looking!!

Defo the car to have if you want a fast hatch IMO.

Are you on any Civic owners websites mate??

Reason being, I see a Type R most days with the num plate "DICKY" or something and it sounds like a Tornado taking off, saw it nearly take off a couple of times too.

Just wandering what mods he had done. (its red, tints, coilover low, big jap zorst but there must be more lurking up front i think!)

Just wandering what mods he had done. (its red, tints, coilover low, big jap zorst but there must be more lurking up front i think!)

Prob got one of those supercharger kits of prism motorsport on it!??

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(TANNER)
Beutiful car mate, i see one near me in that colour and its by far the best looking!!

Defo the car to have if you want a fast hatch IMO.

Are you on any Civic owners websites mate??

yeah im on http://www.`civictype-r`.co.uk

but i still pop back onto this forum :wink: to see how u lot r going on..

and it looks like my old lupo has turned up.it was sold at a audi/vw dealership in manchester the last i heard for about 10k so keep a look out for it..