Attacked a Renault with a steering lock today....

DanGTI

.......I come back to my car to find this peice of crap parked millimetres away from the Arosa, oh and look....the mother of all car park dings in my passenger door.

I could only do the right thing and return the favour.

...and if I see the owner i will put a f*cking great dent in them as well.

:x

it was mostly cos i was so pissed off.....i havent done anything like write it off, just gave it one good blow to its passenger door, like i said to return the favour. I was especially annoyed as Id purposefully parked really far away from any other cars....then i find this thing right up against mine.....WHHHYYYYY?

it was a faded and rusted renault 19 anyway, so either a key or my dent wont make much difference to it anyway

This forum is full of vigilantes isn't it :?

Crap to hear that though.

I take it that you took the details or something similar, how bad is the ding on yours is it worth going to the insurance about?

well comin home today from work this nova boy looks at me and sticks his finger up (we had a run in months ago and i cleaned the floor with his nova) anyway he finds a turning and the next thing i know hes up my ass at a junction, so i manage to pull out (5pm rush hour in town) and he comes straight out, some one slams on there brakes and uses the horn on him, so i manage to escape goin at a top speed of 30mph!! after many traffic lights i think ive lost him, turn onto my road and smack bang hes there in front of me on the round about, so i still carry on, he follows me right to my door step, i park outside and he does is loud 'get away up the road'. im just worried that now he knows where i live he might come round late at 'so something' sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />. wot can i do???

should have lost him....

options:

1. get cctv

2. dont worry about it

3. make sure u get his plate unless anything happens

4. move your car somewhere else

cant think of anymore, but 2) seems best option to me smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

well i know who he is, hes had run ins with police before, so if anything does happen then i can say who it is and say just look at his record,

i really wanted to loose him but didnt want to give him the pleasure of a speed chase through a highly populated area, plus i was late for my dinner tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

if u r really concerned let the police know before anything happens, then if it does (i hope nothing does) at least they know where to look first.

if you know his no. plate just call the police whenever u see him driving next, keep the call annonymous and say that youve seen this driver in a nova that seems to be driving in 'an eratic behaviour....as though the driver might have been drinking'.....that should f*ck up his day.

no my dent isnt an insurance job and itll be going to VW soon anyway.....I just went into a mental rage when i came back and saw it.

I know exactly how it feels getting back to your car to find some inconsiderate b***ard has "modified" it for you...

I've had my car damaged twice now by p**cks who can't park properly.

As I said before, they don't car about their cars, so they automatically assume you don't care about yours.

QUOTE(nickilupo)
I know exactly how it feels getting back to your car to find some inconsiderate b***ard has "modified" it for you...

I've had my car damaged twice now by p**cks who can't park properly.

As I said before, they don't car about their cars, so they automatically assume you don't care about yours.

if i had done what you posted happened to yours i would have waited for the owner then taken them to a cash machine.

if someone f*cks up my car through their on carelessness i will definately lose my temper.....if they genuinely couldnt help it - like if the wind catches their door I will be annoyed and have a go but wont go nuts and drag them to the nearest cashpoint. i think im fairly reasonable.

QUOTE(ArosaDan)
if someone f*cks up my car through their on carelessness i will definately lose my temper.....if they genuinely couldnt help it - like if the wind catches their door I will be annoyed and have a go but wont go nuts and drag them to the nearest cashpoint. i think im fairly reasonable.

Dinting somones car aint reasonable mate.

How do you know that the the guy/child that hit your car didnt do it by mistake?

Taking a note of the reg plate, and leaving a note could have been a better solution.

At least then you can get any damage paid for.

sorry, maybe not in your eyes it isnt, but to me thats fair....

i am extremely careful with other peoples things, i actually show some respect and expect the same from other people. if some are too ignorant or stupid to show some courtesy to other peoples belongings, (especially when they swing doors open when theyve decided parked millimetres away in a near empty car park) then they need some shaking up.....

if they were really that 'nice' or reasonable theyd have left a note, at very least to apologize, but i cant say Ive ever heard of that happening.....bottom line is that if people see it unreasnable to end up with a dent in the side of their car, they should think twice before they put one in mine.

Fair enough mate.

I had a guy jump on my bonnet when we were driving through Doncaster. I got in a fight with all of his friends when I hit him.

But I knew that was deliberate. As I was driving the car at the time.

All Im saying is, it could have been a kid who has done it, but was too scared to tell the mum.

IMO It would have been better to take the reg plate, and leave a note.

If someone hit a parked car with my door when they got out, I would prefere to appologise when I found out, then getting to my car to find it smashed up.

If it was deliberate then ya, feck them over, but all im saying is, you dont know that it was.

I would have sat and waited for the owner to have it out with him.

Not take the revenge route.

2 wrongs dont make a right!

however angry u mite be...u shouldnt really react like that!

guess thats my opinion... one day at work it was REALLY windy n a lady came n said he daughter had let the door go on my car.. i was gutted and she gave me her details.. well honest.

however in the enxt 2 hours after that there was another dent too...

her honestly was appreciated... and she was lucky we neva contatced her as got all the dings n dents sorted in one go by dent man...

look, im not a happy little christian. i know the right thing to do is keep calm, take the details, etc etc but im only human, so just like most people if i have a bad day then someone f*cker decides to have a laugh with my car, then all hope of remaining calm and civilised will go out the window.