Coilovers and uprated ARB's on a lupo

Altern8

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mines on KW V2's. Started off with a 55mm drop and have gradually come back to about 40mm all round and the shaft still just touches when i'm killing it. Thing is the spring rates are way too hard, but if I soften them off it will just make things worse cos it will roll more. That's why I want bigger anti roll bars. But, the standard bar is 22mm dia and the Eibach and H&R bars are only 21mm. Bloke at H&R says basically they ****ed up. Cheers. Anybody heard of and other uprated bars, or does the front bar of anything else fit eg. Ibiza Cupra??

Spoke to eibach and the front one was 25mm but they didnt make a rear one beacuse it was good enough apprently smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

do you need a front one before you can lower the car loads then apprently it catches on it

na airbags are just for high the ride aint as good i recon you will still have the same problem wil air bags and the drive shafts hitting its just another way of lowering the car aint it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

If it's hydraulic, as suggested, it's not using air, but a liquid (probably oil).

Liquid compression rates are so small as to be insignificant - I think you could get a pretty good handling car using hydraulics.

yeah it sounds nice and the reason your paying 2k is to get it all fitted, and this guy does nice installs. i believe the kit to be 1300 to buy seperatly if you want to take on the challenge. to be honest i dont quite think i can make the time to do it. tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

£1300!

Now that is a little better!

OK Techie guys, whats involved in fitting a kit like this?

I remember from the countless years of watching scrap heap challage, that working with hydraulics is a major task!