Coilovers and uprated ARB's on a lupo

Altern8

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got coilovers which are set reasonably low and made no mods, only thing to watch is the drive shaft clearance and angle. I'd say lower it 50mm then lower it about 5 - 10mm at a time until you find a useable level thats low enough for ya.

C

It can be done!!

i just think that no garage would want to put there name to it because it is structual!!

Go on Altern8 be the first ! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

To be fair Tigz l say l've got mine lower than 55mm at the front and l had my MOT last week, no rubbing and all was well. How far you think mines dropped those of you that have seen it?

C

Yeah true, l initally set it to 50mm then dropped it a further 15mm from there but its since settled another 5mm l'd say. Seems to be getting lower week by week!! Slightly worrying!!

C

mm possibly!! Seriously though l'd say mine is at the limit that you can take it without fooking your drive shafts right up! Its probably around 60mm +/- 10% at the front. Its weird though cause some people l've spoken to with coilovers on Gti's have experienced rubbing at like 45mm. Seems really dependant on the individual vehicle? Odd!!!

C

so the most is about 60mm on the front im gona have to investigate some more wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> if the germans can do it im sure we can smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> just gota save for my coilies first biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

how much needs to be cut and its it from both side or just the one side ?

is there much structual there
laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

uuuummmm its the chassis leg mate, u cant get much more structual than that! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />