New Polo

krieglupo

If they're official, it looks a darn sight better than the Ibiza. Presumably the engines from the SEAT/Skoda line up will be mirrored.

The pictures are official.

It amazes me how many people confuse good design with blandness. :wacko:

as above. . . .

Its a very good lookin car and theres nothin bland about it.

Andy Fine=boring/bland. I have never been excited by something that is just 'fine'.

Maybe a 'hot' version of the car will add something, but this just has nothing too exciting going for it. It doesn't strike feelings of "that is a great looking little car".

Indeed, its not exciting, but I guess its not meant to be really. Its meant to be conservative and acceptable.

You compare it with something like the new Fiesta and its not even trying.

That said, its fine, its ok, it'll do. For me? No. A GTI, maybe. I quite liked the last one as it happens, for that conservatism. But now for that kind of money the Abarth 500 exists, and that has bags of character where the old 1.8T was just strong and reliable.

That will be an interesting test if they actually bring out a GTI and price it nicely though.

looks very audi like to me which probably isn't a bad thing from a mass market persective, not very exciting though. Expect a 170bhp supercharged/turbocharged 1.4 the same as the ibiza cupra, still not enough power to rival the hot hatch leaders though.

Edited by Crusoe

Looks good to me. I like the new Golf too. Looks a little smaller than the current Polo, I believe the new Golf is also a little smaller (although more room inside) than the outgoing Golf.

I quite liked the last one as it happens, for that conservatism. But now for that kind of money the Abarth 500 exists, and that has bags of character where the old 1.8T was just strong and reliable.

That will be an interesting test if they actually bring out a GTI and price it nicely though.

My thoughts exactly. If I were in the market to buy a replacement for the Lupo one of those would be top of the list - there are quicker and better handling cars out there for the money but I really like it in black - subtle, and as you say, conservative.

Out of interest, does anyone know where the current Polo (including the GTi) is made?

Edited by Fow Vay