Arosa GTi

al3x kay

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an Arosa that completely wipes out a Lupo GTI....infact wipes out anything with GTI on the back.

well, you have swapped the engine, what did you expect? A kia pride could wipe out a GTI if you changed its engine

well, you have swapped the engine, what did you expect? A kia pride could wipe out a GTI if you changed its engine

And its tuned ;)

A tuned GTI with 150bhp would kick the ass of an oil chugger :P

(I'm only playing by the way, would love to see you at Santa Pod!)

And its tuned ;)

Ermm...no way. Nothing petrol under 200bhp stands a chance...its all about the torque.

oh yeah...it still does 55mpg.

Ermm...no way. Nothing petrol under 200bhp stands a chance...its all about the torque.

We'll see, come and test out your theory this year ;)

If its all about the tourque why can't a tuned 115hp 1.4TDI beat a 100bhp 1.4 petrol?

oh yeah...it still does 55mpg.

I disagree, whilst your mid range must be epic. Unless your car is 4wd you will not be able to use all the power until probably late in 3rd gear, a re-maped VRS with similar power to yours spins the wheels up all through 2nd in the dry under full throttle and has bigger wheels and weighs a substantial amount more than your motor.

Mpg is for fairy's :P I wait to see the 1/4 mile times, if there sub 15 if be surprised.

I wait to see the 1/4 mile times, if there sub 15 if be surprised.

My guess would be standard Lupo GTI times of 16.0 seconds (official timing gear of course!)

VR6 Golfs with a little more power than the oil burner, and simular levels of torque struggles to beat that.

The result - was it worth it? Yes, absolutly. Although the 0-60 time is not as good as a Gti´s, its the in gear acceleration thats the most impressive. No matter what speed or what gear the car is in or how steep the hill is, the car accelerates. The 0-60 time would be better, but the car has so much torque that the small diameter wheels struggle to put the power down. Under hard acceleration the car will spin its wheels in 3rd gear. In the Golf this problem is lessened because there is more weight o hold the car down and the wheels are a larger diameter.

I have to say though, I'd bet its rapid on the move!

Don't doubt its rapid on the move, my friend with the VRS used to loose me if I was out of gear.

Times prove the fact torque isn't everything as CTR's have none of it and frequently do 15's or slightly under as standard. This is what I was basing my theory on, sure in the real world 30-80 etc, the motor is going to be very quick but traction issues and a narrow power band, means it probably isn't going to be that quick at 1/4 miles or track days.

Still a very impressive sleeper. :)

crap driver tigz? lol nah, i wouldnt mind trying mine against a sport

Chase me down towards old george if you want? I bet you'd beat me!

P.S Sorry for not coming over last night but there were like a million people haha.

And its tuned ;)

150bhp mk4 golf GTi petrol Vs my 150bhp mk4 golf GTi diesil

result , me beating the golf petrol up untill the torque killed the clutch...

My guess would be standard Lupo GTI times of 16.0 seconds (official timing gear of course!)

VR6 Golfs with a little more power than the oil burner, and simular levels of torque struggles to beat that.

I have to say though, I'd bet its rapid on the move!

Yeah on the moves is when its at its best..3rd, 4th and 5th. If im on the lights and someones game ill start in 2nd gear, sometimes doesnt spin if on a good surface.

Yeah on the moves is when its at its best..3rd, 4th and 5th. If im on the lights and someones game ill start in 2nd gear, sometimes doesnt spin if on a good surface.

I'd be interested to seeing what it could do.

You coming over for Edition38?

Are you saying the torque was too much for the clutch? I cant see that happening on a standard car.

Plus you cant compare two cars on a public road, there are too many variables

im not saying the standard torque is too much for the clutch, im saying theres 81k on the clock and the clutch started slipping, turns out the previous owner killed the clutch and me racing my mate finished it off. rev counter shot up to redline in 3rd, 4th , 5th and 6th then the lovely burning clutch smell and no drive....

Golf GTi petrol 150bhp 152lb/ft Torque

Golf GTi Diesil 150bhp 263lb/ft Torque

if you know how to make a diesil shift off the mark then you can get away quite nicely

dont get me wrong, i love petrol but on that instance the diesil won by a half cars length