want cheap insurance?!

Steve TDI

Found this on another site!

http://www.cadred.org/Forums/Thread/48606/

Just tried it for my leon and it works! Don't fancy my chances of the company honouring it though!

£192.94 for the year for me for my Corsa 1.6 16v. That's down for £340.

"add a modification, add that you have Braided Brake Hoses on your car"

It's a shame i've just taken my insurance out :(

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most companys have a policy on this mate so good luck getting the insurance that cheap & if you do the policy will most likely be cancelled at some point by the insurer. The usual policy is something about if prices on this website differ from the price of what the insurance should the we the insurer will reserve our rights to cancel any policy believed to be breaching this, it won't be in those words, but will be all legal in small print somewhere ;)

have noticed it says this "Been checked with a lawyer and another insurance broker that it is all legit, I'm 17 with no NCB and for a quote for £202 FC on a 2.0l SRi Vectra and iv bought a policy for my 1.4 corsa for £183.75"

well done to that lad, the policy won't last for long due to what i've said above...

his lawyer may have said its all legit, thats because it is... the quote was given, hes purchased it etc etc, but there will be some small print with the insurance company stopping this type of thing from happening

Edited by Daz_Kez

There is always some small fine print somewhere. I'll try it on their site and see what comes up.

I've just tried my mates CL500 and that company said unable to quote.

exactly, the insurers rights & terms will be pretty much bullet proof when it comes to court, so not point in even trying it really :lol:

WAIT WAIT WAIT,

the guy had his mum & dad on his policy?

which between them will have like 20 years no claims surely? so no wonder he got it so cheap...

Edited by Daz_Kez

Finally got a quote from their own website at £536.92. I put down uprated brakes but it never gave the option for braided hoses. Worth a try.

Yeah still not that bad, rather know my insurance is 100% legit just incase anything was gonna happen to be honest even if i do get robbed on it haha

LOL worked for me... got £183.75, when im paying £2000 atm...

glitch.jpg

wtf???

zoomed version

zoom.jpg

notice my details in top right, is all right... but if u did buy it how would they find you, surely they wouldnt know... i mean like there are people with those prices so how they gonna be able to check all #millions customers they have?

Edited by _noob_

paying £2000 atm, 17 on a lupo sport :(

i might go and do this... cus ive just lost my job my insurance is about to get cancceled anyway.... so if they do find me out there just have to give me my money back like you said....

plus ill buy the brakes then im all legit :P

As long as your on the system as having insurance and you've answered everything truthfully then I can't see a problem.

Just keep safe and don't find out what if you have a bump!!!!

:thumbup:

well yh but if i have a bump ill be insured, they cant exactly turn around and cancell it on me there and then, as ive done nothing wrong.... if they could every insurance company would turn round and cancel it when you have a crash lol

Edited by _noob_

LOL worked for me... got £183.75, when im paying £2000 atm...

glitch.jpg

wtf???

zoomed version

zoom.jpg

notice my details in top right, is all right... but if u did buy it how would they find you, surely they wouldnt know... i mean like there are people with those prices so how they gonna be able to check all #millions customers they have?

as with all insurance companies someone will check the documentation, thats like when putting down your no claims i could say i have 50 years worth?

but they are obviously gonna check & find out i haven't got that many

Well i've just tried MoneySupermarket.com and got £287.97 with Swift Cover. No changing things, that's just what came up. I'll be taking that when I get my little Arosa. :D

Just remember, despite the advert, Swiftcover DO NOT insure cars that are customised or modified for extra performance, DO NOT insure entertainers and DO NOT insure non UK residents (the last two apply to a certain Mr Iggy Pop). If you're planning to mod your Aroas, don't use them.

To be honest, isurance is one of those things that you don't want to mess around with, I just take the hit these days.

When I was about 19 my policy ran out with tesco so I renewed over the phone payed the monthly sum and carried on driving around. I got pulled over about a month and a half later and the Policeman asked me if I knew why I had been pulled, I said no. turns out the guy on the phone had processed the payment but no the renewal of my policy. I was made to buy new insurance there and then on the phone, then summoned to court, charged for driving without insurance 5 points and £480 fine!

And there was nothing I could do about it.

So now I renew early and make sure I have valid paperwork before even getting in my car!

Trust me when I say it is not worth the hassle!

i know, but seeing as weve answered everything correctly, even gonna buy the brakes if i do this.... theres nothing they can do apart from cancel your policy and give you a full refund...

so havent realy got nothing to lose, like i said if my insurance gets cancelled this month then im gonna do this :)

my other half has a 106 gti and is a member of there website there was a post on there about insurance... on comparethemarket.com if you put in the modifications bit that you have braided brake hoses they will insure your vehicle for near £200 it worked for my other half

make sure you get the hoses or insurance will b void lol

I am an adviser and part of my job includes giving quotes and selling home insurance policies. The quotes you will be getting are based on basic information without validility checks (goes without saying by using an automated form on a website). The comparison websites take LOADS of details so when they check each insurance company's site individually (which is what they do in 60 seconds - would you commit to buying home insurance/life insurance after a 60 second summary??) they have more information than most sites need to transfer to the insurer.

Basically, the cheap quotes being displayed are probably due to information not transferring across to the actual insurance company's computers correctly - the policy would not be set in stone until you have signed (and returned) paperwork - computers cannot check these signatures, so as soon as a human being gets involved, the low quote will be picked up on and an apology letter written to inform you of an administrative error or something of sorts.

Sorry to burst any bubbles, but as Heartagram said - if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

I am an adviser and part of my job includes giving quotes and selling home insurance policies. The quotes you will be getting are based on basic information without validility checks (goes without saying by using an automated form on a website). The comparison websites take LOADS of details so when they check each insurance company's site individually (which is what they do in 60 seconds - would you commit to buying home insurance/life insurance after a 60 second summary??) they have more information than most sites need to transfer to the insurer.

Basically, the cheap quotes being displayed are probably due to information not transferring across to the actual insurance company's computers correctly - the policy would not be set in stone until you have signed (and returned) paperwork - computers cannot check these signatures, so as soon as a human being gets involved, the low quote will be picked up on and an apology letter written to inform you of an administrative error or something of sorts.

Sorry to burst any bubbles, but as Heartagram said - if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

but after all its worth a try? got nothing to lose realy have i... just £1800 to gain :P

like i said if my insurance does get cancelled then i will definately go ahead and try this.... if i have insurance for 2 weeks then so be it lol but if i have the insurance for a year then im laughing....

:)

i know what your all saying tho... it most probably wont work but i have nothing to lose if my existing insurance gets cancelled :(

It sounds to good to be true. but like people have said if u answer it 100% turthfully then u are legally insured.

Not neccesarily. Insurers reserve the right to cancel a policy without notice. They don't even have to give you your money back if they don't want to.

Not neccesarily. Insurers reserve the right to cancel a policy without notice. They don't even have to give you your money back if they don't want to.

True that,

if they know people a purposely commiting what is basically fraud they can...

also good luck noob but you will be suprised if/when your documentation gets sent out to sign & it states a much higher price than on the website