Dan's Grey Lupo *now up for sale*

dj_lupz

looks cool... BUT

Do not wire your popper up to your rear washer! if you get a spike in power through that line from the solenoid deterioating you will fry your ecu, yes they are connected, and it can happen. Especially if you forget about it and leave it on!

You need a push button switch, not a latching switch like the washer. You have all your carpets and head lining out. So why dont you do it propperly?

John

origth john

it isn't wired to the washer jet its wired to the motor block.

i can't leave it on because the boot wouldn't shut.

i've read on other forum sites that people have used this method with no problems.

the button that came with it is cheap and tacky. also this stops having wire running threw the car which i dont need to.

it is also fused. so surely this would prevent any power surges effecting the solenoid.

also think its prity cool use for a none used wiper button.

i'm no professional so thanks for ur advice.

Believe me please on this one. It can be done and can work with no problems im very aware of that.

BUT, if and when it does go wrong it can fry your ecu, and ive herd about this happening.. It would be such a shame for that to happen after youve done all this work on the car? its only a wire afterall?

Ive got a mk5 boot lid, it works on the same principle. Ive wired it directly to the battery, it really dosent take that long.

Car builders solutions do all sort of push buttons, im sure you could find one you would like for next to nothing.

John

haha don't worry i know what your thinking.

it's going matt black not gloss don't worry.

its only coz i've scrached it and stuff while working on it .

i've seen like red lupos with the lower grills sprayed red and it looks shocking lol.

but yeh anyway matt black dont worry.

Yes I have had a good read through this and carn't wait to see it fnished... What colour you gettin it sprayed to finish it off.

(My choice Cadbury's Purple)

xXx-Amy-xXx

i've seen like red lupos with the lower grills sprayed red and it looks shocking lol.

Lies, all lies. :ph34r:

haha but seriously cant wait to see it done, kudos for doing all this work yourself.

haha the red grill its all bwt personal taste and its nt mine.

cheers amy nt stayin black feelin a stelf theme.

24 ant old lmao..

I'm considering a fully smooth boot hummmm the chooses

I know it might nt be 2 every's taste...

Edited by dj_lupz