worthersee 2009

darth vader

I really hope I get a half decent paid job soon cause I'd love to drive over and do it!

We tried to to this last year, budget to drive down and stay for a week, you would need over 1k to enjoy it.

In the end we thought it was too expensive, saved a few hundred quid and did Club Charlys.

The "playaball" looks interesting though.

Liam D, you say the cost would be around a grand to really enjoy it but what exactly do you mean by that? Iv never really done anythin over 1000mile round trip and would be interested in this. Is this taking into accoutn food, accomodation and petrol? or is there more?

cheers sean

also guys, have tried googling this but no luck so has anyone got some more info for me. i would be really interested in this.

Edited by seangreen04

Liam D, you say the cost would be around a grand to really enjoy it but what exactly do you mean by that? Iv never really done anythin over 1000mile round trip and would be interested in this. Is this taking into accoutn food, accomodation and petrol? or is there more?

cheers sean

also guys, have tried googling this but no luck so has anyone got some more info for me. i would be really interested in this.

Insurance, ferry. I reckon about half that money is probably alcohol related. :lol:

Insurance, ferry. I reckon about half that money is probably alcohol related. :lol:

insurance? do i have to notify my insurance if i leave the country? sorry if its a stupid question with well known answer

ha well youve got to let your hair down sometimes

Sean

Some people don't have european cover on their insurance, either way european breakdown cover is obviously highly recommended. As well as normal travel insurance.

Id love to go, but I reckon a ring tip would be more fun. :coffee:

Some people don't have european cover on their insurance, either way european breakdown cover is obviously highly recommended. As well as normal travel insurance.

Id love to go, but I reckon a ring tip would be more fun. :coffee:

i get ya, things like that never even dawned on me. I will defniatly conisder this though, just need to find someone who would want to do it

Im only 60 miles away mate, could have a Scottish lads do Woerthersee trip, obviously need a few more people like but a road trip from all the way up here to hull then across the netherlands etc would be mental, nevermind the week at woerthersee!

Im only 60 miles away mate, could have a Scottish lads do Woerthersee trip, obviously need a few more people like but a road trip from all the way up here to hull then across the netherlands etc would be mental, nevermind the week at woerthersee!

in that case mark me as a probable yes. could do with someone to drive with now. the thought of that really does sound immense. How many you reckon we could get interested?

god knows, im sure some of the svag guys and eastside boys are bound to be going though so might manage to get a wee convoy if we're really lucky...

and if it all goes to sh*t then we can just fly over like pussies do!

yeah sounds good but iv got my heart set on driving. may even start putting aside some money now. will go down great with the mrs 7days before her birthday.

i really just want to up and leave now. any meets coming up soon, i really fancy one ha. could do with actually meeting some of you guys instead of chatting on here

me too, i never manage to get out to meets, my car has been in the garage for a month because i dont really need it at the moment with the company car and ive only just got it really too

just checked ferry prices, £291 return for 1 car and driver, i'd imagine other people could pay as foot passengers and it would be cheaper than them being car passengers and they could give you a bit of cash toward the car going on too

me too, i never manage to get out to meets, my car has been in the garage for a month because i dont really need it at the moment with the company car and ive only just got it really too

just checked ferry prices, £291 return for 1 car and driver, i'd imagine other people could pay as foot passengers and it would be cheaper than them being car passengers and they could give you a bit of cash toward the car going on too

yeah the one meet i did make it too was the vag meet at braehead, was there for 10 mins and hand to leave beacause the mrs was pissed off i told her i was taking her out for a meal and we just accidently found some VWs to follow...oops

that doesnt sound too bad.. its only money, i make it to spend it. Iv only got the 2 seats in my cer but id very happy to sleep in it like i do for my racing weekends..

cheers sean

Main bulk of the cash for us would be petrol. I would say 400ish for petrol, Dover - Calais ferry is about 100. You'll also need European breakdown cover and all the little bits and bobs for driving abroad (spare bulb kit, etc), plus all your random food crack, I think you could be looking at 600 without taking into account what you spend when you're actually there and accommodation. Obviously you would split this if there are two or three of you.

If i was to do it now I think I would fly there the first time, then try and drive the following time once I had learnt the place.

drove from newcastle /ferry to ijmuden down through germany into austria £110 on ferry each person with one car fuel was around £300 between 4 , plus points

the drive was awesome, with scenery and the odd autobahn frisk plus you can go places other than worthersee, also the ferry is overnight has a cinema and a nightclub bars and restaurants.

2nd option.

flew over from london to klagenfurt in a group of 30 people , we had a coach laid on from klagenfurt to riefnitz plus points,

quick, relaxed, good crack as most were drunk before touchdown.

negatives

some people flying with us were obviously allergic to a good wash and had bobby's orange , we ended up having a deodarant fight on the plane just to try and mask the smell, so i guess it's all down to who you know is traveling in the group, we did'nt as it was all from a forum and friends of friends in pvw.

and simpo worthersee dwarfs the experiance of the ring, honestly, speedboat taxi's, lap dancing tents, show cars just parked where they can jotted all over the place. it's so vast you can just pop up a chair outside any hotel and watch the show cars just drive past all day, many tuning stands sales tents and loads of restaurants and clubs.

i love the place, if i ever won the lotto i'd have a holiday home on the lake edge, stunning place.

Edited by mitch unit 21

drove from newcastle /ferry to ijmuden down through germany into austria £110 on ferry each person with one car fuel was around £300 between 4 , plus points

the drive was awesome, with scenery and the odd autobahn frisk plus you can go places other than worthersee, also the ferry is overnight has a cinema and a nightclub bars and restaurants.

2nd option.

flew over from london to klagenfurt in a group of 30 people , we had a coach laid on from klagenfurt to riefnitz plus points,

quick, relaxed, good crack as most were drunk before touchdown.

negatives

some people flying with us were obviously allergic to a good wash and had bobby's orange , we ended up having a deodarant fight on the plane just to try and mask the smell, so i guess it's all down to who you know is traveling in the group, we did'nt as it was all from a forum and friends of friends in pvw.

and simpo worthersee dwarfs the experiance of the ring, honestly, speedboat taxi's, lap dancing tents, show cars just parked where they can jotted all over the place. it's so vast you can just pop up a chair outside any hotel and watch the show cars just drive past all day, many tuning stands sales tents and loads of restaurants and clubs.

i love the place, if i ever won the lotto i'd have a holiday home on the lake edge, stunning place.

i think its safe to say you just sold the place to me mitch. im going...