What would you pay for my car?

twisty b-road

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how did the test drives go

in summary: MX5, MR2, Celica 190, ITR DC5 import or second hand S2000. I love that list laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> can't make me mind up

I could get an Evo 8 if I really wanted, but I'm not prepared to spend that amount really. It'd be great and all but too pricey, I like toys too much. Started getting a bit more confident with my mates 276 Evo8, driven it loads of times now in the last 6 months, he's been trying to get me to buy an Evo

By the time I got the 350Z I wanted it's the best part of 30k, same applies with the 350Z as the Evo: I can afford but don't want it THAT much. The car I drove was a dealer demo, now sold....

Drove a mate of a mates T350C like a right pussy but gave it some in third bloody hell, then got taken for a sideways journey :shock: that car is mental, apparently TVR say it's the "friendly" car in their range. I ached for days afterwards because I wanted one so much, and second hand prices are looking good but again it's the money.

I also ached for a Focus RS after trying one, there was one for sale in the next town with 325bhp on the trader! But I'm not so sure about it now

Tried mk3 MR2 (twice), RX8, R33 GTR, Boxster S, Elise. They were all ace but I can think of reasons no to.

Briefly took great care with Putneys S2k if not my licence.

Going to try Celica 190, MX5, Cooper S *ducks*

Waiting for a call back from the Seat guy about when he can get me a 160tdi beeza lol

Now is the time I wish my mum didn't have a Civic Type R, there's a couple of import places I've seen (GT Culture one of em), gonna try and arrange a go in an Integra DC5.

Spent most of my lupos engine tuning/TT fuel cap money paying off the finance, own the car now, waiting for the letter, reckon it be here tomorrow or Monday

Phew!

QUOTE(BigMon)
I must have missed you posts Si.  Why's your Loop doing your head in.

I haven't really posted about it a great deal.....

Not gonna be satisfied with it the way it is. Can source quite a few parts, but can't fit 'em. Almost every ****er I speak to wants to stick a 1.8T in it and doesn't listen to me, or wants daft money, or I just didn't get a good feeling from or I've heard bad stuff about.

Warranty running out.

Me dad keeps saying "if it's not bloomin' fast enough buy a faster bloomin' car" and I know he's right.

part of the fun is test driving all the options, no rush and getting into slow before christmas period whne good deals can be had. Keep us posted on the test drives smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(Tigz)
What was the RX8 like to drive Si?

Still my favourate out of that bunch.

S2k is better than the RX8, plus it gets more than 20mpg and doesn't need it's oil checked every fuel stop, still not convinced about the engine. if they put more turbine blades and a turbo on it though wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

It was ace mate. Love some of the design details. Would defo consider one.

Performance was very good, was the 6 speeder I drove. Rotary engine makes an odd noise though?

Steering was ace, nose is very light I think, I wasn't used to the `turn-in`, would take a few hundred miles I think

Not sure about the front wings though, my eyes just didn't like them

Gotta try a Cooper S see what the fuss is about, I been meaning to.

anyone see the Car article on the new evo, short run of FQ400s for about £40K each, faster than the zonda they tested it against in everything eccept top speed but even that wasn't too shabby for a brick shape at 175mph.

remember to hold onto your hat wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> hope it's done a few miles, much more powerful with 2K uner the wheels. should be a blast, remember to report back on how it goes smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />