What would you pay for my car?

twisty b-road

QUOTE(twisty `b-road`)
Seat guy called just now, 2pm on Monday I'm trying a beeza 160 smoker  :mrgreen:

Remind me to stay in doors at 2pm *Cough Cough*

tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twisty I'd do an insurance quote on a DC5 ITR before you look wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

They were top of my list, until I read about the insurance on `ITR-DC5`.com - majoirty of places wont even quote you if your under 25, and even if your over 25 its reduculous for the performance on offer.

Oh, and they're an arse to sell too - dealers will give you pennies, literally. One guy got offered £6k in `trade-in` tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Shame really, I'd buy one tomorrow if I could sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Went down to a importer and sat in one. Decent interior - fantastic seats - good boot, and they look the bollox. Just a bit iffy about it being an import...and after the insurance issue I just decided not to bother sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Trying to think of other suggestions for you based on your choices....

I'm not keen on the S2000 - they look ace but I prefer the Elise.

RX8 looks great, but lacks any torque and are becoming quite common.

CooperS's are EVERYWHERE!

MX5 - mate had one after his DC2 ITR and hated it, sold it shortly after. Bit Hairdressery tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

MR2 - went in a mates at an EVO meet. Excellent softop car, great handler.

FocusRS - its a Ford! And its a car the muppets aspire to :/

Celica 190 - Meh...`mid-life` crisis car if you ask me wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Sporty Reps choice!

And as for the `Crusoe-a`-like Diesel dog...my mate bought a 1.4 16v Sport a while back, and looking at Crusoes, I still feel the same way - there's something thats not right about the profile of the car. Centred around the sill area, and the doors. I think its the way it curves inward and finishes at the sills recessed behind the wheels. It looks strange to my eyes. Front and back look excellent...but I dunno...

Either way...how about...

Alfa 147GTA - stylish, rarer alternative to the FocusRS/R32. Stunningly gorgeous engine. Great looks.

Porsche 993 - hey, you looked at BoxsterS's, and the 993 is a proper mans car....best 911 IMO

BMW MCoupe - 321bhp! RWD! `0-100` in 11secs! Its the only BMW I'd ever buy.

How about a Caterham and Mk1 Golf GTI combo? I've though about it myself, always fancied a Roadsport...

But I'm still after an RS2 myself. 4 seats, big boot, Audi build and Porsche performance all wrapped up in 315bhp of old school Turbo lag glory. If thats not the ultimate recipe for practical performance I don't know what is!!

The MR2 has a list of known faults it takes 10 minutes to read, and a propensity to dump engine oil and seize, which kinda puts me off, but then again Mr T would be paying. Wicked motor though

Gotta try the beeza, it's the quickest thing this side of an NSX :roll: mrgreen.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":mrgreen:" border="0" alt="mrgreen.gif" />

Alfa 147 - I know TG TV were trying hard to make it look bad, but erm understeer? And then we get to the Alfa reputation and depreciation? But oh the noise of other V6 alfa I've heard!

BMW - see previous comment on beemers of all flavours. Great cars, marvellous pieces of engineering but........

Caterham and a "proper" mini combo? Would be nice, but I want to put the mini away this winter to keep it salt free

Porsche - labour rates? Not sure I fancy a bill for a days work

RS2 - labour rates?

It takes a lot of love for a car to go through what you have to try and get it tuned how you want it.

Its a shame mate, but if thats not there anymore..

I for one will be very sad to see the Loop go though.

How that car went round that roundabout the day we went to Santa Pod, I dont think I will ever experiance anything like it.

Even if you cant tune it mate, it has been a great car.

Yeah just now

I got the feeling it wasn't a private seller/owner, if you'd gone far enough to import one you'd know all about it wouldn't you? Only had it a month?

All the cars I've driven recently, I've always thought there's going to be a period where I am going to have to recalibrate my driving, but I felt at home straight away, like I'd had it ages already

I must have one.

I need to work up the balls to call an importer, the very fact it's an import nags at me

Arr just missed this when I sent pm!

Was it better to drive..more fun..make you smile the most.. if so mate, the fact that its an import isnt that important.

Honda will services it wont they?

If dont dont get much when you sell it, cos its an import. Its better to enjoy owning a car that costs you a lot of money. But its better than driving something you didnt want to be as much and not costing much cash.

I dunno, they seem to be holding their value pretty well at the moment. They are very cheap for the money anyway, so depreciation isn't too bad.

Honda will service it no problem.

QUOTE(twisty `b-road`)
How are you adequately going to put 225bhp+ through the front wheels of a 1 tonne car and still steer at the same time?

I'm guessing you didn't have problems with a 1.1 tonne car, then? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />