orange interior

after a good long think about what i want to do to the motor next, i have decided on orange interior. I was wondering the best way to do this? I am going to have a look into some orange trimmed bucket seats and maybe even custom leather but i was wondering what i can do with the dash etc? is it possible to remove it and give it a paint? i know thats basic but if i got the right paint would that be possible? also any ideas on the door cards and carpets? any help greatly appreciated

sean

never paint a dashboard a light colour, have you ever tried to drive with something white like a sheet of paper on your dash... the glare off the inside of the screen in terrible, thats why all dash's come either black or grey or similar

you could always just take some of the dash parts out like around the switches ect and colour code them orange to match but i'd seriously advise against doing the whole dash

gear gaitor, trim on the C-pillar, seats and door cards i wouldn't re-color / trim anything other than those bits

color coded dash bits FTL

cheers for the feedback guys. Do i need to take the dash out to get the vents etc painted? Regarding the seats etc, iv been looking around for somewhere that i can afford. Has anyone got any suggestions? also how long does the retrim take? cheers

A leather retrim will cost about (probably over) £1000, and I would have thought they'd keep your interior for a couple of weeks. They can trim your doorcards in leather too. And your headliner.

Painting the dash orange and an orange carpet would be a bit overkill in my opinion.

What colour is your car?

yeah i wasnt planning on doing the whole interior but it was just a general question as hadnt decided what bits i wanted in orange. The car id metallic green. If i were to get leather retrim though im not sure what colou i could get best to work with the orange? black is a bit to harsh against the orange in a green car in my opinion. I dont know if grey would work either. Was the 1000 quid for the retrim including door cards and headlinging etc?

I've seen an orange interior in a Dragon Green mk3 Golf and it looked really nice, so orange sounds like a good choice. :) I would just stick to doing the seats and doorcards in orange if it was me.

I know someone with a leather retrim in his Lupo and he paid £1400 for the seats and doorcards, and another £400 for the headliner in alcantara.

Edit: here's a readers ride thread with that Golf in:

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?sho...c=28027&hl=

Edited by Philplop

If you going to go for leather trims speak to people who've had theres done. There was a lad on Club Polo paid around £1,000 for a leather trim and it was ****ing awful, the edges were so rough and it was all bubbled and unsticking on the door cards. Just looked really really ****e. Find someone who has a good trim and go to someone like that.

If you going to go for leather trims speak to people who've had theres done. There was a lad on Club Polo paid around £1,000 for a leather trim and it was ****ing awful, the edges were so rough and it was all bubbled and unsticking on the door cards. Just looked really really ****e. Find someone who has a good trim and go to someone like that.

cheers for the feedback guys, So you dont think pure orange will be too much. no need for another colour? i did really like that gold and is pretty much what i ahd pictured. Also iv taken the back seats out my loop so it would only be the fronts, door cards, headliner? (differnet colour?) and get the carpets in black or keep them as grey?

If you want orange, go for something like black with orange touches instead of just orange. Break it up otherwise it'll just look a bit too much.

Rather than the whole dash sprayed, which as said would reflect like a b!tch why not have bits done instead. Or if you insist on it, perhaps flocking it orange won't reflect like painted orange would.

Also I'd be inclined to have the interior professionally retrimmed for the leather rather than just getting some buckets and trying to match from there. Looking at about £1,000 as mentioned though.