Phil J Coilovers

Langley Loop

Had a look at your readers ride DarkStryder, looks lovely on the classics.

Is that with the rear adjusters out? ide be happy if mine sat like that, also did you get your arches rolled or not?

Ive decided that 13's are a must, 7's at the front and 8's at the back, want some 9's at the back but that would be a bit of trouble wont it?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on 13's with no rear adjusters.

DSCF0027.jpg

Liking that alot, hows that like to live with?

I dont mind going over bumps really slow, wouldn't mind an uncomfortable ride but i would be worried ide catch the bumper and rip the thing off.

Anyone removed the little lip you get with a lupo bumper?

Well, where i live is surrounded by speedramps, and some big ones too, just have to crawl over them, scrapes like **** mind but sure lol.

Back in the day I used to run mine like this.

2007-SLAMIT-1.jpg

In fact I ran it like this for 20,000 miles and about 15mm higher for 45,000 miles before that.

chopped my rear springs in half and removed my front helper springs so mine sits pretty low, cant even show my car a speed bump any more or itll just cry! ide put pics up but i cant work photos on here yet.

chopped my rear springs in half and removed my front helper springs so mine sits pretty low, cant even show my car a speed bump any more or itll just cry! ide put pics up but i cant work photos on here yet.

:) get pics up!

Upload them onto www.photobucket.com then paste the %7Boption%7D link below pics onto your post :)

no they dont really need them taking out but there was still about an inch between the driveshaft and the chassis leg, and i just wondered how low i could run. Turns out pretty low.

Il have a bash at putting some pics up later on if i get the chance.

Right, think this might work, got about 1cm gap between the chassis and driveshaft, if i get chance at christmas il be chopping some of the chassis out so i can get lower, with sum lower profile tyres it should be fairly decked.

31102008347.jpg

31102008348.jpg

Yeah thats on th phil j ones, cut springs at the back and helper springs taken out the front.

most of the roads round me are ok so it is possible to go lower, very uncomfortable but possible!

Got any pics from the side? Just want to have a look at the arch gap, did you cut your springs yourself?

Had a look at your readers ride DarkStryder, looks lovely on the classics.

Is that with the rear adjusters out? ide be happy if mine sat like that, also did you get your arches rolled or not?

Ive decided that 13's are a must, 7's at the front and 8's at the back, want some 9's at the back but that would be a bit of trouble wont it?

Nope, still with the adjusters in... yehhh I am a faggot! :angry:

I am getting custom arches fitted soon to compensate for the nigh on 2 inch poke from my 8's. Front fine.

9's on the back, with work, be worth it.