Phil J Coilovers

Langley Loop

They are defs worth the extra cash mate, 60mm will probably be enough at the front, but you will probably want to go lower at the back. Plus it gives you the option to be able to fine tune your ride height until you are happy with it. You never know, 60mm might be too low for you, but 50mm might be just perfect.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me personally, i would leave the cup/block in so the spring has somewhere to saty seated when you jack it up etc. I also remember reading something on here saying that the spring could eventually cause wear on the rear beam if it doesn't have a block underneath it.

Ive never had any of my rear adjusters fitted and its fine. They've been in for mot and straight back out again.

It certainly won't fall out when jacked up either as the damper is shortened.

Edited by deathhead

The spring could eventually cause wear on the rear beam if it doesn't have a block underneath it.

:huh: Well I don't want that to happen. It sits so much nicer without the adjuster, the block probably won't raise it up much? Might put it back in for peace of mind.. :(

I'm not sure how true it is, but i suppose its two bits of metal pressing against each other so they are bound to corrode eventually, especially as the spring isn't fixed and it is just rubbing and vibrating on the chassis.

Not sure really, how much lower is it without the block in? The original spring has a rubber block which attaches the spring to the beam, so maybe you could source them? I don't know if they are any smaller than the metal block from the coilover though.