Plans for Rosa? :)

carnut787

OK so gonna go for these wheels -

15x7 Dare R31 Black - http://www.revolution247.com/erol.html (can't direct link :()

...with either 195/45/15's or 185/55/15's for just a little stretch, probably Toyo T1R's as i like the V-shaped tread. Advice on sizes and other tyres pleaseee? :P

Anyway i went to revolution in Gateshead today and the guy put a 17" version of this wheel next to the car for me to give me an idea. It looked great but i know 17" wheels won't be an easy straight fit (right?) and they don't come in 16". So do yous think this style would still look good in 15", or too cramped etc? Also just out of interest, would 17s work with really really thin tyres without too much spent on arch modification? (not that i'd get these.. for money reasons :rolleyes: )

After that im gonna want to drop it, so ill be looking at some not-too-expensive coilies. Ive read that the v-maxx ones are pretty good and the set is only £300, capable of dropping 80mm front and 60mm rear. Again though, i know nothing about these really so comments/advice on better kits will be much appreciated. :)

PS. noob question... whats the standard offset on a mk2 arosa? :rolleyes: i have searched but it didn't come up. Looked in "offsets explained" also.

Thanks alot

lew

Edited by carnut787

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look ok, definitely DONT go over 15" though, they will look all wrong if you do.

Id get the 195/45/15 tyres, will look better.

Standard arosa alloy wheels are et43.

:)

K thanks for advice. :) will the offset be the same for steelies? :lol:

The wheels do look great IRL - i actually never liked this kind of wheel (i.e. not shiny, or with coloured stripes) until i saw this one - previously i was pretty much sure i was gonna go for a gloss black wheel with polished lip. This whole wheel itself is actually anodized red aluminium (which is what you can see in the red stripe) and then painted a lovely matte black, rather than the stripe being painted on like most which makes them prone to rubbing off, fading etc. The side of the centre cap thing with the dare logo on is also the shiniest chrome thing i've ever seen lol, a nice touch imo :P though i can see this being ruined by tiny scratches every time they are cleaned...

Anyway yeah, it was the 17" wheel he showed me but obviously not gonna get this, im just not sure whether it will look as good in 15" and therefore to go for another wheel. Guess i'll wait and see when he gets them in. :D

Edited by carnut787

15's max on an arosa, anything bigger looks daft imo. 13's look best but arent entirely practical so if i was you id go for 14's which is in between. 15's look ok if you run a low profile tyre. Ive run 13's, 14's and 15's. All depends on what kinda look you want your car to have really.

Coilovers, well me and most of my mates are running phil j coilovers which are cheap and havent had any bother with them at all. You'll get him on clubpolo, jackson tuning. Think they are around 220 delivered.

Personally id drop the car first then pick your wheels, you'll get a better idea of what you want when its lowered, plenty of really good 2nd hand wheels to be got out there.

good luck

Erm they are similar, i have a set of spare 14" steels and they sit pretty much the same as my alloys do, so they arnt going to be far off.

Just got get too close to curbs and rub off that red pinstripe!

Will the place be getting 15"s in so you can have a look at them?

As said, you may be better off sorting suspension first, then you have a better idea of how it will look.

Edited by cardaft

Just got get too close to curbs and rub off that red pinstripe!

The pinstripe is the actual anodized wheel so won't rub off :P thats another thing that attracts me to these. Also he said he'd get them in if i put a £50 deposit down but im not sure if that means i was committed to buying them so i didnt, so i dont know about actually seeing a set without buying them.

Come to think of it, i agree with yous about the suspension - as you say it will give me a better idea of what wheels will work/look good. Also the new wheels might look daft with the car still sitting so high up anyway, when dropping it first on the stock wheels will look good.

Only thing is i cant wait to ditch my steelies :D lmao

thanks for replies all

Edited by carnut787

:lol: My fast typing cought me out there! Edited my post!

I dont know what i would re re the wheels, they are an individual choice and if you pay the £50 and you dont like them your £50 out of pocket.

Yup, sort the suspension and keep looking for wheels, see if there are anything else you like as well.

I can understand why, as i said i have a set (not sure wuite why i bought them, but they were cheap!), i never use them, they make my TDis engine so much noisier! Not sure why, it sounds like a right tractor with them on!

Yeah ill go with sorting out the suspension first if i can get them from phil j so cheap. But i know nothing about coilies atm.... will i have to buy any extra stuff to fit them? Or do i just buy the set and install and all should be well? :confused:

Nope, i think you just fit them, not too bad to change i dont think. You may need pring compressors for the fronts.

Dont forget that when you have fitted them, and are happy with the ride height, you will need to get the tracking and camber set. When ever you adjust a cars ride height it knocks out the tracking and camber, so its something you need to do.

Nope, i think you just fit them, not too bad to change i dont think. You may need pring compressors for the fronts.

Dont forget that when you have fitted them, and are happy with the ride height, you will need to get the tracking and camber set. When ever you adjust a cars ride height it knocks out the tracking and camber, so its something you need to do.

Righto :) theres another reason to do it before buying new wheels, as then i'd be trashing new tyres while experimenting with height.

Ive heard that once you've set the height on coilovers they tend to sink a bit lower over a few days, is this true? Or it may have just been about fixed springs. Can't remember. :D

When i had lowering springs they deffo sank substantially more over a few months, but never really noticed this with my coilovers tbh, thats not to say it doesnt happen though.

OK so, ive been quoted £220 delivered by Phil J for his cheapest kit for the arosa (i assume TA-Technix). Ive done some looking around and seen some good reviews that people are very happy with these coilies for the money, but also some pretty worrying things about their brackets bending etc. Will these be ok to go for?

Id have no problem at all with spending a bit more and go with the V-maxx coilovers for £299 from revolution (same place i was looking at the wheels, seems like a very good place) if they are any better and if they go low enough. They look cooler too :P haha. Anyone got any experience of these that could help?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/V-Maxx-Coilovers-Sea...id=p3286.c0.m14

:)

Edited by carnut787

People have been very happy with TA Technix as far as I've heard. I'd go with them over the Vmaxx, as they have probably been made in the same factory, just they have different paint/stickers so that'll save you a few quid for some wheels.

You decided on wheels? Whats your budget?

People have been very happy with TA Technix as far as I've heard. I'd go with them over the Vmaxx, as they have probably been made in the same factory, just they have different paint/stickers so that'll save you a few quid for some wheels.

You decided on wheels? Whats your budget?

I do think im gonna go for those Dare ones i mentioned at the start of the thread, £460, 15" in 195/45/15 toyo t1r's. Seems good :)

I have these that I'll let you have for a good offer ;)

Hmm.. thanks but i dont think theyre the style im going for..... i like your car though, how much did the foglights cost ya? Also is the exhaust standard?

You can get the lower part of the front bumper from the dealers, quite a reasonable price too. I'll dig out the part number if you want. Then it's just a case of getting some fogs to slide in!

Central exhaust is a bit more of a mission. Arosa Sports have a shallow spare wheel well (crappy space saver wheel) to allow the exhaust to go straight under the middle of the car. All others have a deeper one and accomadate a full size spare and so an exhust can't run underneath it without scraping on the ground. Jetex do one that goes round the spare wheel well, do a google search. Otherwise it's a case of cutting out your spare wheel well and welding a shortened one in it's place :(

You can get the lower part of the front bumper from the dealers, quite a reasonable price too. I'll dig out the part number if you want. Then it's just a case of getting some fogs to slide in!

Central exhaust is a bit more of a mission. Arosa Sports have a shallow spare wheel well (crappy space saver wheel) to allow the exhaust to go straight under the middle of the car. All others have a deeper one and accomadate a full size spare and so an exhust can't run underneath it without scraping on the ground. Jetex do one that goes round the spare wheel well, do a google search. Otherwise it's a case of cutting out your spare wheel well and welding a shortened one in it's place :(

K thanks, ill look into them :) exhaust won't be for a while yet but i may do the foglight conversion pretty soon if its cheap enough. Will they be hard to wire up, fit the switch etc?

Edit. This the exhaust? http://www.jetex.co.uk/website/jetex_exhau...mp;qty_27-CH0=1

I like :D not a bad price either

Edited by carnut787

OK, Vagcat is giving me part number 6H0805903A 6ET for the front lower bumper, "spoiler, models with foglights".

http://www.nicedeals.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1317 Here's a foglight unit, £27 each. Not sure on the wiring to be honest. IMO, it would be best to try and find a f*cked Arosa in a scrappy and rip off all fogs and associated wiring. Then it would be a case of getting the switch inside the car. On mine, they are operated with thte same "switch" as the headlights, you just pull it out one click for the fronts and two clicks for front and back.

• 2 weeks later...