Gym People

Fran

I was wondering if any of you gym attendees could help me!

I've been going religiously 3 times a week now for the last 8/9 weeks and raised the bar of my programme slightly. I'm doing more floor and leg exercises, and have swapped the treadmill for a crosstrainer and a stair master (continous stairs).

The only prob I've been getting all week, is that about halfway through my exercise on the cross trainer, i get really hungry, so hungry to the point im almost passing out.

I have my lunch about 12 - 1 ish, and go to the gym about 5. I have a snack about 2 ish but I'm wondering would it be better to make 2 smaller lunches and eat these at 11 and 2.

I need to sort something out, cos I can't go on feeling like passing out and like i'm gonna throw up over everything. Whats the best thing to do? Smaller meals or sort my carbs out?

I would take lunch a bit later - 1pm and then have a decent snack about 3/3.30pm.

And maybe a banana half an hour before you go.

Make sure you're take plenty of fluids before, but I personally find that too much fluid when exercising tends to slosh around in my belly. I tend to do mainly circuits though.

It's different for all people, but find what suits you and stick to it.

R

Do you drink (water)! while you are training?

Have a snack an hour before you go to the gym, that always works for me, as it has had enough time not to be thrown back up when training gets hard, but gives you the energy you need throughout the workout.

The stairmaster would make me pass out though, tough machine.

EDIT: I know the gym is not a liscensed venue!

Edited by 243

Working out without sufficient fuel is certainly not advised and by not eating within 5 hours before exercising (even going 5 hours without eating full stop is a problem, but that's a different conversation) is not good.

As always, what are your goals by going to the gym?

banana's are your best bet i would say, i eat atleast 3 bananas a day, one in the morning, one at lunch and one before bed and if im going to the gym i'll have another one while im there or just before i go in

my gym supplies free fruit (normally bananas) they are really good slow energy release foods, and when you have one before bed you'll wake up full of energy too!

Yup I drink plenty of water during the day, and whilst training. I think I'm going to take the idea of lunch later first and see where it goes from there.

Scott - the reason I go to the gym is to get fit really, and to get some tone in my muscles hahaha, which does seem to be working so far. I'm not trying to lose weight, cos if I lose weight I will end up slipping down a drain or something. Lol.

banana's are your best bet i would say, i eat atleast 3 bananas a day, one in the morning, one at lunch and one before bed and if im going to the gym i'll have another one while im there or just before i go in

my gym supplies free fruit (normally bananas) they are really good slow energy release foods, and when you have one before bed you'll wake up full of energy too!

NO NO NO bad advice! Banana = fructose. fructose is a sugar and that is the last thing you want especially when working out.

All high sugar fruits should be avoided. Sugars will convert to acid in the body when used for energy. Sugars ferment to produce ATP and the

byproduct is Lactic Acid. Where you have high sugar in the body you can also find yeast. Yeast ferments and produces ethanol as the byproduct. Alcohol is not good in any way shape or form to the body its a poison. Ethanol is broken down into acetaldehyde 30 times more toxic than alcohol its self. That is then broken down into acetic acid.

You want to reduce as much acid as you can when you work out not increase it. The Burn you feel is acid being stored in the collagen fibers of your muscles from anaerobic respiration.

"fructose is an acid from fruit and is toxic to the body. The body will attempt to eliminated the fructose through urination, defecation, and/or perspiration. If the fructose is not eliminated it is taken up into the colloidal connective tissue, the extra cellular matrix and then the fatty tissues. This can lead to connective tissue disorders and weight gain. The body will always force acid (including fructose) out of the blood into the fatty tissues to protect the organs that sustain life. The body retains fat as a buffer for excess metabolic and dietary acid that is not being properly eliminated. This is the cause of weight gain and obesity."

The fruits that are good are tomatoes, lemons, limes, avocados and peppers. I cant thing of any more off hand but they are all low sugar they will from an alkaline in the body when metabolized rather than acid.

Acid is fat forming so if you are working out to loose weight you can hit a point where you don't actually lose any more as the acid that causes the fat in the first place is still around. Fat is acutely stored away acid. Its a protective mechanism for of the body that prevents the tissues from being destroyed

You can loose weight by sitting on your ass doing nothing if you eat the correct food and drink the correct water. It will happen super fast the fat litraly melts

away . No one is genetically fat. You can have a genetic predisposition to store acid in a fat form but its all down to diet and lifestyle that causes it

Blood has to maintain a very strict PH value of around 7.35 if it becomes acidic you will die and very fast. The body is in a constant process of

nutralysing and expelling acid all the time. It will do literally everything to stop the blood from becoming acid. Just the process of breathing creates acid.

The actual meaning of oxygen is acid forming names by Antoine Lavoisier.

The body has a system of whats called buffers. The buffers neutralize the acid. If you are working out and have been consuming sugar or acids beforehand then the buffers will be lower and the ability of your body to eliminate the acids is restricted. Your body can go into a crises where your system is struggling to eliminate the acids. This will can make breathing increases and become very rapid and you will probably get a feeling of nausea and vomit.

A few years back a guy died on the London marathon and it was said he had died from drinking too much water. You cant die from drinking too much water

but you can die from not replenishing buffers such as salts that maintain the PH level of the blood. The blood is saline for a reason and salts have to be replaced.

I was always doing sports every day at school i would get to a point where i would be physically sick and almost pass out but i could never work out

why despite eating what i thought was good diet and heaps of fruit. I also suffered with mega back pain. It was not until i had a live blood analyses that

i could see first hand the junk that was flowing in my system and just how bad my blood was. I use to eat so much fruit all the time drink fresh orange every morning and i was not healthy at all. I would actually pee uric acid crystals and i was told by doctors i had a fantastic diet and not to change it.

I had the chance to chat to Dr Robert O Young and he is a genius. He has spent over 20 years studying the body on a cellular level and correlated over 100 year research to come up with the true Biology of how the body works and functions. All i can say is it works everything he says is spot on you cant really argue with the results he gets repeatedly making sick people healthy and seemingly heathy people truly healthy and fit.

http://articlesofhealth.blogspot.com/2008/...r-fat-acid.html

http://www.phmiracleliving.com/championsofhealth.mp3

If you want to get fit and healthy there is only one way to do it and thats from the inside out. If you put junk in and the wrong foods for how the body works

you will never achieve a goal of real fitness. many athletes now follow the theory as it gets results, you cant properly tone up if you body is fighting to get rid acid and toxins as that is a higher priority to survival than building muscle.

I dont really work out but i have no exsess fat at all. After getting really sick and being on medication for ages i put on weight and could not shift it

for over six months. After talking with Dr robert it took 3 weeks to loose it all just by knowing how my body really works what to do about it. i didnt

do anything apart from eat and drink different things and eliminating foods i thought to be healthy.

well that made interesting reading, i didnt realise a lot of the stuff thats considered to be healthy isnt really that good for you. im guessing that while your eating loads of alkaline foods you also have to take on some acidic foods as well though to be eating a balanced diet or am i wrong?

Due TSO more than I, we eat a fairly low GI diet. As we are vegetarian it makes it fairly easy. ( http://www.the-gi-diet.org/lowgifoods/ ) TSO goes tot he gym also and always find she has loads o energy, but when the diet slips it changes quickly.

Eat regularly and try to avoid complex carbs and stop the junk.

I have a friend who won't eat anything that has more than 5 ingredients. Sometimes I think that pretty impossible, but she grows her own veg and is a right fussy bugger.

Alot of people eat differently before going to the gym so its hard to tell what you should or shouldnt do.

I train twice a week for kickboxing among other things & always have a decent meal at around 12.30, I then have a small bowl of pasta with some pasta sauce about 2 hours before training, and then sometimes i have just 1 banana before training (dont over do it on bananas but one will give you some quick release energy). Have some almonds for snacks during the day, or cashews if you like a little more flavour.

Make sure you hydrate before, during and after training, but at the same time dont drink to much too quickly. Small sips often rather than one big gulp.

I usually have some sort of protein about 20mins after ive finished my training, whether it be a piece of chicken or a protein shake. This will help your muscles repair.

Good luck in finding whats right for you!

Unheard, what did you eat then? lemons and peppers? no meats? i checked out a list of alkalizing foods and the whole list apart from almonds ammount to 0.5 calories so anyone is bound to lose weight if they eat lemons and leafs all day. Also some of the lists include bannanas and most fruits while some dont include many so i dunno whats going on there.

Plenty of carbs before you go, good feed of spuds :P. protein after to heal and repair/grow muscle.

Edited by deathhead

i go 4 times a week, usually eat high protein snack eg soreen 1 hour before workout and drink a whey protein milkshake before and immediately after to feed the muscles the protein they need to heal and grow

i agree with most folk on here, have something about an hour before you go to the gym, a banana or a couple of ryvita etc. i find that if i have an apple or anything 'watery' it adds to the sloshing feeling drinking too much too quickly gives you.

I'd also suggest protein shakes (as someone else mentioned) but only after your workout, unless you have that as your snack. all depends on what your trying to achieve tho.

well done for doing so well on the stepper tho i HATE those things! the only time i managed 30 mins on one was when the gyms heating was broken :D best workout i'd done in years!

I'd try a few things out to see what works best for you, everyones different. good luck mate.

Unheard, what did you eat then? lemons and peppers? no meats? i checked out a list of alkalizing foods and the whole list apart from almonds ammount to 0.5 calories so anyone is bound to lose weight if they eat lemons and leafs all day. Also some of the lists include bannanas and most fruits while some dont include many so i dunno whats going on there.

Thats the whole point you don't want the a high calorie diet rather you want the C.O.W.S diet. Some lists on the internet

are wrong becuse they are calculater the PH of the actual food and not how it works in the body

or it is not taking into account the sugars go on to ferment. A lemon is acid outside the body but it converts to an alkaline

inside the body.

"C" = Chlorophyll - as much as you can eat and drink!

"O" = Oils - cold pressed polyunsaturated oil

"W" = Water - alkaline water at a pH of 9.5

"S" = Salt - mineral salts from the sea.

"the perceived need for sugar

is in reality the need for mineral salts. The

body runs on electrical energy not calories from

sugar. Salt provides the conduit for the transport

of electrical energy through the body to each individual

cell. That is why our blood is salted with sodium not

sugar."

What do i eat. well my diet is mainly made up of.

Broccoli, Onion, Tomatoe, Avocado, Carrot, Cucumber, Celery, Beans, Mixed Cabbage, Leeks, Cauliflower, Olives, Mixed leaf lettuce, Spinach, Potato, Seeds and Nuts, Bean Sprouts that i grow all year round, A selection of oils including Grapeseed Oil, Olive Oil, Avocado oil, Flax Oil, Coconut Oil. I get both Lemon and Lime juice that i use with the oils and Real Salt(a brand). Blueberries, Pomegranate, Coconut flakes. I have loads of seasonings. I get Seed flower to make simple flat bred and Buckwheat to make Noodles. Barley to make burgers. I also eat some fish and some vegetarian products. I have probably forgotten some things, my brain works by association so i need to be food shopping to remember food lol

I drink a green drink every day, The one i have at the moment contains. Organic Barley Grass, Organic Lemon Grass, Organic Shave Grass, Organic Wheat Grass, Organic Dog Grass, Organic Spinach, Organic Peppermint Leaf, Organic Spearmint Leaf, Organic Lemon Powder, Montmorillonite Clay, Organic Aloe, Organic Dandelion, Organic Parsley, Organic Wintergreens. i add stevia to it just for taste. I can get the drink i want now without importing it at a stupid cost so i will be switching after my current tub is all used.

I do eat other things when the situation arises. I am not like a vegan or vegetarian that never eats anything else its more of a health choice than

a moral choice or dislike of other foods. I love my diet though i don't get bored with it at all i have more flavors and textures in my food

now than i ever did before

One of the big aspects around the diet is build new blood, blood builds everything in the body including muscle. there is a

recorded lecture by Dr robert on youtube that coves most things. Its well worth watching all the way through.

There is also a video that shows what i was saying about loosing weight. Even if you dont do any workout and stick to the diet your

muscle tones and firms up just by the process of optimal repair that goes on. When i was drinking supergreens some of the scars i had for years

started to just shrink and that indicates something special is going on inside. I stopped drinking it though as it had to be imported but now i can get it

here so i will start again.

Youtube Video ->

Youtube Video ->

Youtube Video ->

Youtube Video ->

Youtube Video ->

Youtube Video ->

Youtube Video ->

Youtube Video ->

I like the idea of having energy all day, and it would probebly get rid of my spots, i have a pretty strict diet, basically cerial and oat milk in the morning, veg and meat for my main meals and quite abit of fruit and nuts. surely eating a lot of potatos and nuts gets quite abit of carbs and fat in you which cant be great (plus all that oil) aparantly stopping eating cooked meat does get rid of spots but there is no texture that matches a well cooked chicken breast! Also do you not drink? do you never crave a big fat steak? surely if you eat all the stuff that creates acid and then a load of veg then the alkalizing foods will balance things out with the acids? Im always interested in theories like this but humans have been eating cooked meat forever and its never come across as an issue, and fruit has always been said to be healthy- even tho they have a load of sugar they also have a load of good fibre and vitimans and other good stuff. also does it cost a load buying all this stuff? You make noodles? how do you even do that! I only watched that first video so far and there is 10 videos like that for every single idea of a diet so I cant really take them serously!