Things to do in North Wales

Jonny70

Okay so me and a few mates are going to North Wales in early october for a bit of a fun packed weekend, we are going white water rafting HERE and we want to try THIS and climb THIS

We are going for 4days so after doing all this we will have some time spare, any ideas, reccomendations?

Cheers

Jonny

evo triangle B)

thats the best pics i can find of it . . . . http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.a...=0&t=304051

awesome roads, can see for miles, done it so many times but cant wait to take the lupo next!

Edited by elliecjno1

evo triangle B)

thats the best pics i can find of it . . . . http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.a...=0&t=304051

awesome roads, can see for miles, done it so many times but cant wait to take the lupo next!

Looks quality, i knew the b roads were good, but that looks awseome. We will definitely have to have a look down.

Word of advice: 2 season sleeping bag = not warm enough... as I discovered this weekend...

haha, i always take a big double duvet to line the bottom of the tent with then sleeping bag goes ontop. Mine is only a cheap one so might be worth getting a better one.

Haha I'm from Anglesey!

To be honest there isnt a lot to do, but there are some really beautiful spots.

Whereabouts are you camping? If I know where you're near I can tell you whats nearby :)

I haven't a clue how to pronounce it but the closest town to our campsite is called "betws y coed"

I haven't a clue how to pronounce it but the closest town to our campsite is called "betws y coed"

Betws Y Coed is about 30mins away from where I live, haha lucky me! Hmm well, nearby there's a place called Bethesda (its signposted) its not great but quite 'quaint' I suppose, there's a nice drive through there that takes you past Lake Ogwen, which has got nice views and its good for climbing if you're into that, the mountains called Llyn Idwal.

Also try Llanberis (again not far) bright painted buildings etc, good for outdoors stuff, there's a castle and a watersports place.

Or you could do the tourists favourite thing and go to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychgwyndrobwchsantyseiliogogogoch (also known as Llanfairpwll - the place with the longest name in the country) Its rubbish if you're local, but tourists just love posing with the sign lol.

Gripping I know, but this is North Wales we're talking about :blush:

Let me know if you wanna know anything else :shades:

Oh and Betws Y Coed itself isnt bad for stuff to do.

Also beaches-wise, try Benllech or Llanddwyn (you have to pay to go on Llanddwyn but thats cos its one of those 'Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty thingies) To get to Llanddwyn follow signs to Newborough.

For other random stuff I can think of off the top of my head try:

Holyhead - can get the ferry over to Dublin or go to South Stack lighthouse (it was on Most Haunted lol)

Beaumaris - go to the jail (also on Most Haunted) or the castle

The outdoor maze in Conwy valley

Beddgelert - good for mountain biking/hiking

Cant think of anything else...I should work for the North Wales tourist board :D

"Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychgwyndrobwchsantyseiliogogogoch"

I refuse to believe without photographic evidence that thats a real place.... thats unnecessarily welsh. Infact theyr just showin off that they have the worlds most complicated (and unnecessary... theyr very much welcome to use ours) language ever.

I refuse to believe without photographic evidence that thats a real place.... thats unnecessarily welsh. Infact theyr just showin off that they have the worlds most complicated (and unnecessary... theyr very much welcome to use ours) language ever.

Something for me to do then, ill get you your evidence haha!

Betws Y Coed is about 30mins away from where I live, haha lucky me! Hmm well, nearby there's a place called Bethesda (its signposted) its not great but quite 'quaint' I suppose, there's a nice drive through there that takes you past Lake Ogwen, which has got nice views and its good for climbing if you're into that, the mountains called Llyn Idwal.

Also try Llanberis (again not far) bright painted buildings etc, good for outdoors stuff, there's a castle and a watersports place.

Or you could do the tourists favourite thing and go to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychgwyndrobwchsantyseiliogogogoch (also known as Llanfairpwll - the place with the longest name in the country) Its rubbish if you're local, but tourists just love posing with the sign lol.

Gripping I know, but this is North Wales we're talking about :blush:

Let me know if you wanna know anything else :shades:

Anywhere for a semi decent night out / pi55up? haha

Okay so me and a few mates are going to North Wales in early october for a bit of a fun packed weekend, we are going white water rafting HERE and we want to try THIS and climb THIS

We are going for 4days so after doing all this we will have some time spare, any ideas, reccomendations?

Cheers

Jonny

Don't go to Ropeworks or whatever that is... go to GO APE... it's brilliant fun!

went with work recently to one near here and we had a great day!!

Don't go to Ropeworks or whatever that is... go to GO APE... it's brilliant fun!

went with work recently to one near here and we had a great day!!

Go Ape and ropeworks are quite different i think, there is a Go Ape near where i Live anyways and ive already done it. Im not disputing that its no fun because its brilliant, just this ropeworks thing seems quite a bit different.

Edited by Jonny70

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndro.jpg

:P

IMG_1477.jpg

^ As you can see from the image, Everyone there is trapped in 40 year old peoples clothes.

I love how the Translation from welsh to english for "gogogoch" becomes "By the red cave"

lmao.

Edited by awesome_al

IMG_1477.jpg

^ As you can see from the image, Everyone there is trapped in 40 year old peoples clothes.

I love how the Translation from welsh to english for "gogogoch" becomes "By the red cave"

lmao.

Hahaha, I've never thought about that, 'goch' means red, but as far as I know 'gogo' as no meaning in the Welsh language at all....I've got 'Wake me up before you gogo' stuck in my head now :coffee:

But yeah, the shop that sign is on is called Pringles, its the most Welsh thing ever, its full of Welsh merchandise eg. tea towels and keyrings, traditional welsh lady costumes, and tweed and wooly jumpers :lol:

Its actually just funny to go in and laugh....