Smooooooooooth Bumpers, How much?

Gazza

Your complaining about paying £280 for the front and[\b] rear bumpers!

Jesus dude, you'd struggle to buy a compressor for that to do it yourself! LOL

Why would i want to buy one, just borrow my mates ;) some of us have not got disposible income :(

no offence but if you want them doing then surely money isn't really an object?

and if it is why not wait untill you have the money to get them done professionally? :)

Your complaining about paying £280 for the front and[\b] rear bumpers!

Jesus dude, you'd struggle to buy a compressor for that to do it yourself! LOL

100% right, i done over £500 in stuff in just one weekend to spray the lupo. its not cheap at all.

anything under £300 to have the bumpers plastic welded, primed and painted is cheap. plastic welding takes time and theres a fair bit of prep to get the bumper smooth. i would say at least 6-7 hours worth of work to get them both smooth and then the cost of materials it seems a fair price.

you can always just get a few number plates screw them to the bumper and then fill all the way over and then get it sprayed. would be a lot cheap, but like said you get what you pay for and if you pay cheap and its a **** job thay will crack you will waste a lot of time putting it right.

if you want to keep the cost down. buy a £10 bumper from ebay or a scappy. get a soldering iron and have a go at plastic welding, its not that hard when you get use to it but will take time.

Edited by lupo_1.0

what im trying to do is shop about go of peoples recommendations, no offence but you dont know this guys quality of work and neither do i

i havent seen any of his work so i dont know what its like, and im VERY picky i like things to be perfect :D

but will see how it goes

thanks for every ones comments, :D

Edited by Gazza

no offence but you dont know this guys quality of work

not to sure what you ment by that. i just mean for the money he is asking it seems cheap. if he is going to plastic weld the bumpers, then bite his hand off.

iam saying this as if he just puts filler in there its not worth £10 imo. iam not saying anything about the quality of his work dont get me wrong but you get what you pay for and like said you can pay the good part of £100 for just a respray, and plastic welding is a whole different kettle of fish, iam only saying it for your interest.

Edited by lupo_1.0

Prep it yourself, heat the plastic just right and you can push the numberplate recess out pretty well, smooth it with as little filler as possible and then rub it down. May take all weekend but should save you some money, then get it sprayed by the garage :)