Can you do this?!

Guest Lauryn

i totally agree!

but how genuine are we looking??

the small print says

The buyer has a duty to inform any prospective buyer of their vehicle that this log is not the original issued service log that was supplied with the vehicle.

im guessing it looks dodgy and not legit

I have reported the listing. It's as bad as clocking in my opinion.

The seller suggests that the buyer of the service book will gain financially when selling the vehicle if the book is stamped inappropriately to fill in blanks. VW will supply duplicate books stamped according to their records (our MK4 Golf had one done for free) after the seller had lost the original. Similarly, Ford did one for free for my MK4 Fiesta.

There is small print, but that is there purely as a get out. The wording "to replace lost stamps" is enough to make it dodgy. Ink doesn't fall off a page.

Edited by IDGM

TBH though, if you had zero service history this would be quite tempting though eh!

I have zero service history - the twonks i bought the car off lost it, along with the owners manual and everything. According to vw it has some history up to around 40k so I'm not that worried. Got the timing belt done at 56k just to be sure anyway.

I have reported the listing. It's as bad as clocking in my opinion.

The seller suggests that the buyer of the service book will gain financially when selling the vehicle if the book is stamped inappropriately to fill in blanks. VW will supply duplicate books stamped according to their records (our MK4 Golf had one done for free) after the seller had lost the original. Similarly, Ford did one for free for my MK4 Fiesta.

There is small print, but that is there purely as a get out. The wording "to replace lost stamps" is enough to make it dodgy. Ink doesn't fall off a page.

Nice one, I wasnt too sure about it hence why I posted it on here - I'd hate to buy a car with "FSH" to later find out its all fake stamps :(

Well I always ring the garages to see if any warranty work was carried out when buying a car... so i wouldn't be caught out by this....

At the time of posting, it's still on and the quantity has dropped from 5 (when I first looked at it) to 4. I've sent the link to Smith Knight Fay in Bury and VW customer service in Milton Keynes to make them aware of it.

Lupo Gestapo in action.

I reported it to eBay too (I know at least have already but it reinforces that theres an issue) and yeah its still there now too. It actually makes me quite angry, its fraud really isnt it?!

Bit of an update, VW have forwarded the matter to their Police Liason Team for further investigation. The local dealer is sure it isn't an employee but is concerned that soemone local has managed to obtain a dealer stamp.

Well spotted Lauryn.