Smashed Window.. :-(

EDIT: 56k beware!

Hey folks...

Thought I'd share my feelings about all the pikey chav scums out their.

Woke up 25th August to find the drivers window smashed on my car. Found a note inside on the seat from the police with a reference number, saying to contact them. Funnily enough, I didn't hear the alarm go off in the night. Even so, they didn't take anything, even though the stereo was their. (I always remove the fascia any how.) So they smashed my window for absolutely nothing!!!

Have attached photos. :angry::(

So upset. Having to spend so much on the car. Wanted to do other things, but every month something else is getting the funds to be put back right (again).

Either way, have bought a drivers side window of the 'bay. Didn't want the hassle of £70 excess just for the glass, so have chosen the cheaper route.

Also, I'm in need to get the window tinted again to match the passenger side. Problem is... I don't know what level the tint is on the passengers front side.

At the same time, it appears that the door has been opened previously anyway. The speaker is useless (hence the poor sound quality), and the foam has been ripped off. Time to clean the car out underneath too.

25082008ns0.jpg

25082008001bg2.jpg

25082008005aw7.jpg

25082008008ds9.jpg

Edited by kapur

It appears they tried to have a dig at it twice, with what mostly looks like a screwdriver.

Would you recommend that I get the new window tinted prior to fitting, or get it tinted after its fitted.

I didn't really take much notice of the original glass, but it appears that the tint was applied ALL the way to the bottom of the glass, which makes me think that they might have originally done it while it was out.

Seems common sense to get it done while it's out, but not sure.

Also, anyone know of any good tinting places in/around Essex? I don't know the tint level, so someone with experience would be great... (would be a bonus if they could fit the glass too)

Edited by kapur

Guest Lauryn

Scummy little pikeys, what did that honestly achieve for them?! It makes me so mad, if theyre twisted enough, theyll get about 1 minutes entertainment from it, whereas it will cost you a fair bit of time and money, not fair at all :(

Hmmm. Really wanted both the windows the same. Wouldn't want the rears tinted and the fronts not tinted at all. Currently sitting, the front windows are only ever so slightly tinted. Not sure about the legality of this, but the police had stopped me once, seen the tints, but it wasn't because of them.

^What he said the factory tint is the max you can have anything over that is illegal. To be honest front tints are not common now so having them tinted indicated you have something to hide and that is probably why you got the window done in. Having the back tinted and not the front does not look so bad you could just get the window with a non tint with security film

same thing happened to me a few weeks back but it was my rear window the £60 excess was the cheapest route for me although i couldnt take a photo of it as i was ready for crying after it. Scummy wee ******** if he hadnt run away as fast id have got him and then i'd probably be in jail

Update:

Good news... I've fitted the glass that I went to collect today from Stevens VW Dismantlers. Just got to mention, they are absolutely brilliant!

The window is now fitted, but I need those clips for the interior door bits from VW. Also need to get it tinted to match the passengers side.

Theirs actually quite a bit of stuff I need. (I.E. Front door speaker baffles + speakers etc..)

Quite happy with what I've achieved. :)

The windows are tinted to pretty much the maximum allowed level from the factory. Anything on top could land you in trouble.

t**ts who did that had my wing mirror smashed off the other day :@ and regarding the tints you are allowed the back 3 as dark as you want but the front passenger ones have to let 70% of the light through. otherwise you get a £30 fine and if you express your feelings to the copper as i did they put a prohibiting notice on the car which means you cant move it untill the tints have been removed. hope this helps