phil J coilovers

Langley Loop

Hello,

does phil J still do the coilovers for a lupo?

if anyone has them, what do they think of them?

do they drop far?

and are they easy to install?

cheers everyone, sorry for the spanish armarda on these!

ah nice one, checked it all out. Very popular! Another question:

Easy fitting? Like how easy? A mini car jack will do? Couple screws n bolts then done?

All adjustable? Or just rear/front? And again, how easy?

Do I need new shocks or springs even with the coils?? :S confusing as people on the forum are asking about them thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
ah nice one, checked it all out. Very popular! Another question:

Easy fitting? Like how easy? A mini car jack will do? Couple screws n bolts then done?

All adjustable? Or just rear/front? And again, how easy?

Do I need new shocks or springs even with the coils?? :S confusing as people on the forum are asking about them thanks!

Fronts, you just need to undo the top mount, undo the two bottom bolts and that takes the whole unit out. If you are replacing the top mounts you can just chuck the old bits. If not you will need spring compressors to take the old top mounts out. Personally I'd change them, its £11 from GSF. Put it this way, if they knack a few weeks after fitting coilovers you'll need to take it all off to replace it which is a headache but means you need your tracking and camber done again. For the sake of £11, I'd just do it.

Rears are a bolt at the top of the shock, then one bolt at the bottom. Shouldn't take more than a couple of hours if you've never done it before.

Front and rear are both adjustable. Thats one of the main features of a coilover unit, that they are adjustable.

I think if your asking if you need shocks and springs when you put coilovers on, I would send them to somewhere else to be done. The coilover IS the shock and spring. Its just that it has 2 springs in it (your main damping spring and a helper spring) as well as a threaded body for adjustment.

im1picoilover-425x425.jpg

Edited by heartagram

well i was planning on fitting the kws today but i missed the delivery so it will have to wait till tomorrow when i pick them up now

Hell yeah, its flooding over here and no chance am i drowning for the sake of vanity lol

ill pick them up at about 8 am along with new top mounts and get them on asap

ill send you a pic if i manage it without scuba gear

* sorry i forgot to log in after anna had been on

Edited by Anna

Fronts, you just need to undo the top mount, undo the two bottom bolts and that takes the whole unit out. If you are replacing the top mounts you can just chuck the old bits. If not you will need spring compressors to take the old top mounts out. Personally I'd change them, its £11 from GSF. Put it this way, if they knack a few weeks after fitting coilovers you'll need to take it all off to replace it which is a headache but means you need your tracking and camber done again. For the sake of £11, I'd just do it.

Rears are a bolt at the top of the shock, then one bolt at the bottom. Shouldn't take more than a couple of hours if you've never done it before.

Front and rear are both adjustable. Thats one of the main features of a coilover unit, that they are adjustable.

I think if your asking if you need shocks and springs when you put coilovers on, I would send them to somewhere else to be done. The coilover IS the shock and spring. Its just that it has 2 springs in it (your main damping spring and a helper spring) as well as a threaded body for adjustment.

im1picoilover-425x425.jpg

Very nice work, thanks for the reply :)

Fitting just sounds like a ****ter to me, spent about 1hr n half fitting the debadged grill, so I will save something serious to a pro garage :P

A COUPLE OF HOURS WHATTT>TTT?WT??T.. Was expecting 10minute jobby. Ah bumfork! Gotta' be done its gotta' be done though.

Ah yeh about the shocks, was just because peeps were saying about it on the forum and I thought that it was a shock etc. Damn confusion!

I made a purchase. Just waiting for bank to clear, then they should be ere! Yeer!!

well mine go on tomorrow so i can answer that question while my mate fits them

Ahhh nicceee! See ow' low you can go!