My 08 Fox.

GtiFox

I'm surprised that thats as low at they go - it goes to show how high they are as standard! It does look a lot better though, and I think some polo GTi wheels would fill the arches out nicely :shades:

Photo0067.jpg

I see you are from Newark, is that Heron VW in the pic above?

Edited by jon_273

i'm quite disappointed. i thought it would look ok.... but it really does'nt look any different... o well.

It looks ALOT different, Lol your mad!

Nice to see one dropped.

You could always remove the helper springs out of the front if you want to go lower. Should get you another 2" or so. They don't do anything anyway. ;)

What do you mean, the helper springs?.. :S

I'm surprised that thats as low at they go - it goes to show how high they are as standard! It does look a lot better though, and I think some polo GTi wheels would fill the arches out nicely :shades:

I see you are from Newark, is that Heron VW in the pic above?

Yeah i work there mate.

coilover.jpg

If your coilovers have two springs in like these ones, then you can remove the smaller 'helper' spring. It's only used to stop the large spring going loose when the car is jacked up, when all four wheels are on the ground it is fully compressed, taking up 2" or so.

coilover.jpg

If your coilovers have two springs in like these ones, then you can remove the smaller 'helper' spring. It's only used to stop the large spring going loose when the car is jacked up, when all four wheels are on the ground it is fully compressed, taking up 2" or so.

Oh right the adjustable spring.. I cant do that as it really wouldn't be practical. It would scrape the sump everytime i come onto my drive! and the ridequality would suffer. i'm happy with it that low.

It might be those photos but it doesnt look any lower than most standard cars do from the factory.

• 3 weeks later...