Rear wash not squirting? Common Problem? Easy fix?

pietch

Yeah, its fairly common, it will be working, but it will be squirting somewhere else :huh:

Like under your rear seats or inside your boot trim - into your boot.

Try spraying the rear wash wiper, then check under the rear seats first, if you can see washer fluid. If it is there then the pipe behind the NS rear door (non door) card will have came off. You simply need to take off the card and pop it back on, might be a good idea to tape it tight with some electricians tape.

If you find ints leaking into your boot lock and boot, then its probably the wiper motor is at fault. The wiper nozzel and brass fluid tube get corroded together - ending up with the brass tube snapping.

There is a kit for this from VW, its about £28 i think, you get new gears for the wiper motor along with all the new tubes (which is plastic so it wont corrode again!)

Ive had both these problems on my TDi, quite easy to fix though.

If its not that, then im not sure ;)

how did i know there would be a post by you in here lol.

have you cleaned the tip with something small like a pin or toothpick? maybe worth a go first before you start stripping, i would think you it had come loose within the bootlid you will see drips when you open the bootlid?

ye ive had a problem with my rean washer. found it was leaking in the boot and my boyfriend found that the washer pipe had worked itself loose and come off the best thing to do is put some glue on it as its a commen falt with the vw and seats :rolleyes:

Im suprised glue worked!

The pipe on mine had corroded to the inside of the nozzel and was turing the nozzel jet round with the wiper. After a little while the pipe tor off, so i needed the fixing kit.

>> Cardaft! <<

Thanks... you were 100% correct, the connector had come apart, bad design IMO!

Anyway on my car it was not accessable through the lower door panel, just the upper door card, however even then it was behind the parcel shelf support trim, I managed to relocate it so if it happens again it now sits behind the upper door panel (near side). I also used some tape to be sure the pipes stay together this time! :)

Nice one, thanks again!

ps. While I want looking inside the door it was great to see it plastered in wax seal! :)

001-1.jpg

had to do a similar thing on the almera yesterday, goldfish filter pipe, 2 bits of copper pipe and a lighter, total cost 0

and now its got an extension in it to ease the strain of having to flex all the time

:D