1.4tdi tuning

currie

ok, so just got the loop tdi and i am going to get it mapped soon, BUT..

i have read that you can use some pd130/150 internals to up the oomph..

what internals can be used? are the pistons higher CR or uprated injectors?

i cant see that shovein more diesel in there will help.

also, has anyone noticed any gains from using an aftermarket filter?

cheers and hi!

ok, so just got the loop tdi and i am going to get it mapped soon, BUT..

i have read that you can use some pd130/150 internals to up the oomph..

what internals can be used? are the pistons higher CR or uprated injectors?

i cant see that shovein more diesel in there will help.

also, has anyone noticed any gains from using an aftermarket filter?

cheers and hi!

All you need to do, Is get rid of the back box in favour of a straight pipe, Improve the air feed to the Original airbox, replace the filter element with something like a BMC or a Green Cotton, then get it remapped !

I had those ^ exact mods, And managed 117bhp, 185lb/ft

If you wanna go further, You may come into some problems as theres practically nothing out there clutch wise to handle much more than 190lb/ft

As far as I'm aware, the PD75 uses the same internals as the PD130 and are plenty up for the job.

Uprated injectors are a farce, Plenty of people have fitted so called "Race injectors" to the 1.9TDI's with very poor results of very little power/torque increases, and only an increase (A major increase) in smoke...

As far as I'm aware the Injectors on the 1.4tdi can flow enough fuel to support 140bhp, which would require a special build turbo, and some form of uprated clutch.

all sounds good, does anyone know if the input shaft on the gearbox is the same as on the 085 code boxes?

i have a spare helix paddle clutch almost new - the toughest you can get for a g40, rated to 300bhp and a poo load of torque.

also, will removing the backbox not make it stupidly loud?

Edited by currie

No. Its a diesel, They emit practically no sound from the exhaust.

Mine sounded terific with just a hidden tailpipe from the centre to the back,

and it really free'd up the rev range.

Unfortunately, the 1.4tdi is shared with no other engines in the VAG range (Apart from the 1.2tdi)

The closest one to it would be an 02J if I recall correctly. Put a fair amount of research into using a 6 speed gearbox with the 1.4tdi and everything just came up negative.

The friction plate doesn't determine the level of torque that can be put through it.

The Pressure plate is what is uprated for more torque.

Its all about the clamping force of the pressure plate.

As far as I'm aware the Injectors on the 1.4tdi can flow enough fuel to support 140bhp, which would require a special build turbo, and some form of uprated clutch.

How do you know that?

I'am looking for a Lupo 1.4 TDI, haven't bought one yet, but I wan't to put another turbo on it (garret 1749 vnt or something like that), another exhaust and empty the catalyser. And I will let sombody change the original gaerbox with other gear ratio's and have another clutch. Sombody else here in the Netherlands has done the same without changing the exhaust and had already 126 BHP (Or 129 HP) and 202 ft.lbf (or 274Nm) of torque.

I thought I also had to change the injectors.

The friction plate doesn't determine the level of torque that can be put through it.

The Pressure plate is what is uprated for more torque.

Its all about the clamping force of the pressure plate.

yeah but what i mean, to fit a 6spd, as long as you get half and half of uprated clutch that will acount for a different gearbox spline.

CG would make one.

i just want a straight uprated clutch for it.

btw does anyone have the 1.4tdi engine code please?

yeah but what i mean, to fit a 6spd, as long as you get half and half of uprated clutch that will acount for a different gearbox spline.

CG would make one.

i just want a straight uprated clutch for it.

btw does anyone have the 1.4tdi engine code please?

engine code is ANY isnt it

(that doesnt say any above,i mean it as in a n y)

Have a search on seatcupra.net and here by someone called 'watkins'.

He did A LOT of research into modifying a 1.4TDI and also got a full package quote and information from Allards.

I remember he told me he was given ball park figures of around 150-170hp from the 1,4 TDI with a bit of work.

Included a custom intercooler, flowed head, a hybrid turbo etc.....

Don't just focus on power, as one guy on the A2 forum only has 100hp but 213lb/ft of torque! Another has 111hp with 206lb/ft torque

Speak to companies to see what they can do, as 213lb/ft of torque is crazy!

However one A2 owner claims these figures from a re-map and miltek exhaust (done at Awesome)

131.22bhp @ 2146rpm

255.39 torques @ 1748rpm

Some of those figures come from a 1.4 TDI 90hp version I will admit however which they say there's differences between the 75hp and 90hp engine. Some they list include:

'different turbos, exhaust manifolds and downpipes, different injectors, intercooler, clutch and flywheel. Oh and the gearboxes are different too!'

Might be worth seeing if the parts are compatible and what benefits they may give :)

However one A2 owner claims these figures from a re-map and miltek exhaust (done at Awesome)

131.22bhp @ 2146rpm

255.39 torques @ 1748rpm

We should have a graph for that on the system somewhere !

the pd150 idea is sounding good but not now, just want a cheap improvement. will speak to a few places and get it done.

does anyone know what code gearbox i have

also anyone know the size of the clutch, is it 216mm?

the pd150 idea is sounding good but not now, just want a cheap improvement. will speak to a few places and get it done.

does anyone know what code gearbox i have

also anyone know the size of the clutch, is it 216mm?

From Sachs:

SACHS 3000 951 704

Clutch Kit

Diameter [mm]: 216

Number of Teeth: 28

For components see parts list:

3082 600 504 ( Clutch Pressure Plate / 1 pieces )

1878 600 604 ( Clutch Disc / 1 pieces )

3151 000 388 ( Releaser / 1 pieces )

4200 080 060 ( Grease (high-performance lubricant) / 1 pieces )