1,4 TFSI engine swap

TomTomTo

Has anyone thought of swapping the new 1,4 charged/turboed engine from the Golf V or similar? How is the engine layout of this new engine compared to the one in the 1,4 Sport?

Maybe some of the parts are straight fit?

Just asking if anyone has thought of this idea.

yep i've had the same train of thought and i probably would if i could afford it. I'd of thought it was a fairly straight swap although i dont know if the engine mounts would be an easy thing. hopefully the lupo ones would just do the trick mind you it prob wouldnt be too hard to modify them if the didnt fit. going from the huge latest gen of vw's back into a car a fraction of the size would make things interesting.!!!!

Had this very same idea a couple of months back... although never tried finding out as i wont be able to afford it till i finish uni, if you do go through with it, you have to use the 170ps version! will be totally awesome. also though about possibilities for modding that engine. the only hard part i can forsee is finding a donor engine, as they are quite new really.

Is the TFSI the twin charged thing? I've heard mixed reviews about them. Some people say they are terrible and others say they are really good.

Personally I'd drive something with the engine in before going ahead and doing a conversion!

What about using some of the items from the TFSI engine? I haven't looked at the turbo or charger in that engine but maybe they are just as good options as any other?

Has anyone done any research on this?

I also started a thread about this a year ago, people concluded that the TSI engine is pretty tall, and would be a struggle to fit, however anything is possible and the power to weight in a loop would be good.

I haven't read any really criticism of the engine, just that it didn't feel as quick as people expected with 170bhp on tap.