Arosa - lighter/ faster then the lupo? If so why?

pietch

The weight difference is probably because of things like insulation and the lack of passenger airbag on mk2 phase 1.

Now this could berubbish, but: is the weight not measured as the maximum the car could weigh with all options fitted? I.E. a Lupo could have A/C which would make it heavier than an arosa could be, hence the weight difference.

I think the oldest 1.4s engines in both lupos and arosas were 8v.

I thought so as I remember seeing a picture of a mk1 arosa with a single overhead camshaft listed as a 1.4!

All Lupo 75hp engines were 16v, the only 8v Lupo petrol engine was the 1.0.

Koolio.

Edited by Niche

Id not heard that before, about the weights being a car with all options ticked. Air con and heated leather would increase the lupos weight over the arosa. Although the arosa did come with side airbags on the sport which would increase its weight too.

Id really like to know if the weights differ for UK spec, as both heated leather and air con was optional on arosas in germany etc.

Didn't some of the Seat Arosa mk1's and possibly mk2's have 8V engines? That would make it quite a bit lighter than a Lupo as they all had 16v engines besides the 1 litre iirc.

Well yes, although really the only engine which is different in the arosa is the 1.4, its an 8v 60bhp, as a result its quite rare to find one, as not many people opted for the 1.4, just to gain 10bhp over the 1.0!

All other engines are the same as the lupo, 1.0, 1.4 sport and the TDi are all exactly what is in the lupo.

Ok, so it was only Arosas, not Lupos, there you go!

As far as weights containing all options, the standard weight of the GTI seemed to change in or around 2003. The heavier weight was 1015kg if I recall. This went up from 980kg.

We assumed the way they weigh them changed. Mine weighed 998kg with 2/3 of a tank and air con fitted. Leather, side bags and a sunroof would probably have taken it to 1015kg.

Ok, so it was only Arosas, not Lupos, there you go!

Although im think im right in saying, that the 1.4 8V was used in the lupo, outside of the UK!

Bit of a pointless engine though really, most 1.4 arosas are automatics, dont get many manuals.

i have a 1.4 8v arosa mk 1 ,,, didnt think they was rare ,,, mine is also manual ,,, dont actually seem that bad for 60bhp ! i think its bcoz they are relativly light ,,, like dont come with a/c or a passenger airbag !

but overall i think there alright really could do with it being abit faster! lol

i have a 1.4 8v arosa mk 1 ,,, didnt think they was rare ,,, mine is also manual ,,, dont actually seem that bad for 60bhp ! i think its bcoz they are relativly light ,,, like dont come with a/c or a passenger airbag !

but overall i think there alright really could do with it being abit faster! lol

1.4 Mk1s arnt that rare, but mk2s you dont see many 1.4 manuals, mostly automatics.

The majority of Mk2s you will see are 1.0 models. Usually.

true i think the only mk2 i have ever seen are the 1 litre ,,, tdi and the sport ,,, do they do another 8v one in the mk 2?