Confused on keeping GTi...

Pepsi

you dont deserve to have a lupo. that car could put a smile on anyones face. theres a guy on here who has a db9 aswell as a Gti and he bloody loves it.

imo u shud get a cliosport and give the Gti to sum1 who will enjoy it!

I do enjoy it, just clearly not as much as someone else should, I see what you are saying.

I'll give it another few months while I save up some more cash, if I feel the same then I'll get rid to someone else, if it grows on me then I'll keep it.

I'm not denying it is a mint car, I appreciate everything about it, but something just seems to be missing.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

believe me ull regret gettin rid of it! my friends 182 got stolen before he went down south for the weekend. so he used my gti and bloody loved it! he thought it was much more fun!

believe me ull regret gettin rid of it! my friends 182 got stolen before he went down south for the weekend. so he used my gti and bloody loved it! he thought it was much more fun!

Personal opinion and all that to be fair.

I probably will regret it, I regret getting rid of a lot of things after they go to be honest.

I'm tempted by a bucket drivers seat, should make it a lot better, maybe it is my confidence backing off around corners because I'm not staying in a fixed position.

i wont be the first to admit that the lupos handlin isnt all that great but the looks and rairaty bloody well make up for it!

I think another thing that makes lupo GTIs fun is just the sheer cheekiness of it. A reasonable amount of power in a car that small! There's always plenty of people who can't quite believe it.

i remember a scooby bein right up my rear end, then i booted it to overtake a scenic infront and he pulled up next to me at the lights and said pritty fkin quick that init! :lol:

So mate what car you going to get?

I did find a nice CTR, did a quote for insurance - £4300! so not a chance

Pretty much the same price for a nice JDM DC2, looks like insurance ocmpanies don't like my name linked with V-tec!

I was going to save for a few months for a 182 trophy, but I have found a mint 172 for sale, so hopefully going to see it sometime this week/weekend and if it all ties up then might go for that one.

Although my mind changes every 2 minutes so don't take it as gospel!

£4k WTF......

why does the CTR cost that much more than a clio cup?

£4k WTF......

why does the CTR cost that much more than a clio cup?

I have no idea at all, takes the piss.

I'm gutted too, found a mint 172, was an import so can't have it. Then found a mint 182, had 6 owners so put me off, found another mint 172, import again.

My insurance have a 'no imports for under 21's' policy, so not a chance of getting one insured, and also won;t refund if I cancel so I'll loose over £1k, so nto worth it.

:(

dam... mate not being funny but with the amount you seem to be spending on having a nice car to drive about i think your money would be better invested else where... buy a banger to use as a daily and get a nice westfield for the track... the track car wont require insurance... or tax... or expensive servicing... You will be in a car that performs far better than anything you could run on the road and your driving will improve heeps....

just my 2pence...

you could get in some seriously quick cars for £6-7k leaving you enough for a cheap run about and a massive smile on your face when you do track days...

PMSL you can get into some seriously quick cars for your budget... just been dreaming myself on piston heads just found this cosworth powered westifeld... 270bhp!

463590-1.jpg

463590-2.jpg

463590-3.jpg

Tigers are quite nice too....

528404-1.jpg

528404-4.jpg

or you could just line some insurance companies pockets for a few more years like every other 19 year old male!

I wish I could go back!

17 insurance paid £800 Rover metro 1.1 L

18 insurance paid £1800 Ford Fiesta 1.4 SI

19 insurance paid £1800 Ford Fiesta 1.6 SI

20 insurance paid £1600 VW Lupo GTI

21 insurance paid £1800 S2000

22 insurance paid £1000 S2000

23 insurance paid £850 Seat Leon Cupra R

23 insurance paid £1858 Honda CBR 600RR + £400 gap insurance

24 insurance paid £1300 Honda CBR 600RR & VW Passat + £400 gap insurance

25 insurance paid £900 VW Passat & Honda CBR 600RR

26 insurance paid £900 S2000 & VW Passat

Grand total:£15758 On bloomin' insurance! Thats not including the running costs, tax, petrol servicing, smashes, excess, speeding fines or mods....

Now a smarter man would have bought a westfield and kept the metro!

Edited by Putney

actually that is wrong... i was 21.... let me adjust it!

£15758! I only ever claimed off my bike insurance... all smashes i fixed myself out my own pocket...

£15758! I only ever claimed off my bike insurance... all smashes i fixed myself out my own pocket...

makes me feel sick looking at that... now people wonder why they can't get onto the property ladder! It all goes into insurance companies and petrol tax! :lol:

dam... mate not being funny but with the amount you seem to be spending on having a nice car to drive about i think your money would be better invested else where... buy a banger to use as a daily and get a nice westfield for the track... the track car wont require insurance... or tax... or expensive servicing... You will be in a car that performs far better than anything you could run on the road and your driving will improve heeps....

just my 2pence...

you could get in some seriously quick cars for £6-7k leaving you enough for a cheap run about and a massive smile on your face when you do track days...

I do see your point, and it is something I would love to do. But it can't come yet.

I don't have the use of a garage as the house I bought had it knocked down because it was 'dangerous', and the garage at my mum and dads has my dads car in. I don't have the facilities to tow a car around the country either.

Plus working 7 days a week every week means that i wouldn't get the use of a kit car, so it would be sat there for months on end not doing anything.

I just want a nice newish car, thats plenty quick enough, and that will have no problems getting me around a track, and country lanes, with a big smile on my face.

I appreciate the input though mate, it's good to get another point of view.