mot fail

nicko

:(

Fellas...

My 1.4 16v w reg loop has failed the mot on emissions.. my mechanic "friend" says it's likley to be the lambda sensor.

The car had a new front exhaust/cat last year so he's narrowed it down to th lambda - at £100 ish.

Is this a normal fault??

All advice mucho appreciated !

yes it's fairly common, especially if you do short trips all the time. Where abouts you from?

Crickhowell near abergavenny

That makes me feel a bit better. Hopefully the new sensor should get it thru the mot. :-)

Guest Lauryn

My Lupo was recently tested for emissions and passed no bother, but when I start the car up its quite smelly and a bit more smoky round the exhaust than I'd expect, sorry to spam but would that be the same kinda thing? Also apparantly my RGB/RBG sensor needs done, same thing or diff? It was picked up my previous owner on a diagnostics

This is something I've been thinking about with my Loop. When I start it up can often smell a bit of petrol and if anything the emissions will let it down come MOT time.

Might be the manifold and exhaust that cause that though.

It wouldn't fail emmisions with a decat pipe.

my mate works in an MOT test station, he told me the other day a heavily modified pug 206 turned up that as it stood would not pass its test.

the car wasbooked in at 9.55am but the young kiddy wouldnt bring the car in, his mate turned up and they quickly set towork putting the car more or less back to standard taking off all the bolt on parts etc including heavily smoked lights and sunstrip. 6 hours later the car was ready for the test then took another hour to adjust the coilovers to get it on the ramp

and after all the hassle it failed because it was a straight through system without a cat, retard

Andy, i had a decat on a polo gt i used to have, sold it to a mate along with the cat, he decided not to fit it on, put it through an mot and then blamed me for it not passing on the emissions.

It'd be sending loads of bad particles into the athmosphere, specially for the age of the car and the particulars of the test. so i reckon it'd fail.

My standard Polo GTI failed the emssions twice, it was the third attempt it went through (all attempts tried together)

A GTI engine will get through without the CAT.

A 75hp Lupo certainly doesn't need one.