My car had a strop!

Alex_225

Was on my way back from the missus house and came off the M4 onto the M25.

Bit bumpy on the slip roads and went over quite a big bump. Didn't bottom out or anything but the CD skipped and totally lost its place.

I powered it off and on and still couldn't find its place. So I pressed the 'Eject' button.

But instead of just sliding the disc out, it literally fired it into my lap. :lol::lol:

I've never actually known a CD player to do that but it made me laugh. Anyone else had their Lupo fire a CD at them? :confused:

Whoever said cars don't have personalities has clearly never owned a lupo.

My car had a hissy fit at me on Saturday - got out, locked the car - alarm started going off as soon as I locked it for no apparent reason. Unlocked it, opened door, closed door, locked it again - nothing.

:rolleyes:

Mine has started to blow the horn everytime i get in and turn the ignition on. Not like a quick blip..It holds it untill i take the key out!

You have to press the horn a few times, Try again and hope for the best.

My neighbours didnt like it too much. Bloody getting me into trouble :huh:

Mine has started to blow the horn everytime i get in and turn the ignition on. Not like a quick blip..It holds it untill i take the key out!

My neighbours didnt like it too much. Bloody getting me into trouble :huh:

lol, you dont start work at something stupid like 3am do you! :lol:

I bet your neighbours love you haha. I thought mine would hate me coz of the exhaust but at least I don't blast the horn.

My old Clio used to have a trick of the roof light working when it wanted. Couple of times I'd left the switch on and then at random the light suddenly flicks on. Made me jump like a tw*t at night.

I started to save up some money to buy a new car and the Lupo just kept breaking until I couldn't afford a new one. Now that I'm keeping it, its been fine. Little lovely person thing :lol:

lol, you dont start work at something stupid like 3am do you! :lol:

No 7AM. Still a bit early for it!

I was at a caravan centre yesterday and it was doing it in the car park, Everyone rushs outside to see whats going on...Makes me feel like a right fool :angry:

Must be the contacts sticking or somthing :wacko:

the horn on my loop goes off every time i go around a round about anyways hard, luckily in those situations the roundabout does be pretty quiet.

sometimes it goes off aswel if i have the steering wheel at full lock

i've never known a car to have little quirks like the loop locking me in is a strange one and it refuses to acknowledge that the drivers door is open plus sometimes the seat squeeks until you get a tool of any variety to look into it then it stops i even put the seat forward and poked around with some scissors once it knows when your going to fix it

my horn stoped working about 2 weeks after bying it and the other week went threu a big puddle to wet a dog and it worked sometimes when i am out in it for a bit it will just cut out at traffic lights and wount start makes me feel s**t

My Lupo has developed a nasty habit of dropping to third when it joins the motorway and leaving the annoying ****s in the diesel rep cars behind that like to sit up your chuff for mile after mile.

.....until it gets to 70 when they steam past on there way up to 90!

Wouldn't mind but me old neck takes a bit of a hammering.....

Mine doesn't have strops, but he does get bored....

Will drop and raise the revs if we are sitting for too long - I've cleaned the throttle body, and even had a new one fitted after it failed when I first got him, without it completely going away, so I just say he's got bored when it happens :lol:

Mine does that but its common on most cars when you use anything electrical. I can make it go up and down a few RPM but opening and closing my roof. Also using the blowers will change it.

Mine is obviously loving me at the moment - 44mpg average over the 260 miles I've driven since yesterday, without driving particularly carefully (mmm... motorways) and with the aircon on the whole way.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Gah, Its blowing its own horn again!

I spent 10 mins under it before i could get to work trying to disconnect the horn. The plug was on there tight and it suddenly went, the back of my hand smacked against the frame work :angry:

lovely person :huh: