PROJECT CHARGED,Eaton m45!! 195bhp!

DUB JIMBOB

Jamie- why the cable throttle though?? doesn't fly by wire work with this conversion then?

I thought the pistons and conrods in the 1.4 are made exactly the same way and of the same materials, I'm looking into getting forged pistons etc...this is an ongoing project i've decided to do on the side. My engine is already in pieces:

www.picturetrail.com/dubbprince

Thats a cheap bill! if you looking at forged internals you might aswell stick another £1500 on that!

Fly by wire is an absolute pain in the nuts to map properly. There is one company who have a prototype adaptor for the fly by wire, but its not in production yet, much easier to convert to cable.

The conrods are thinner, and have a 5/16 bolt rather than a 3/8 bolt as found in the 1.4. Combined makes them alot weaker, also the 1.6 piston crown is thinner im told.

If you want forged for the 1.6 i can get you a set of JE pistons and carrillio con rods as i have the remake numbers for them. But you need to put aside alot more money than you think! PM me if you want more info.

CHeck out my build thread at the top of the readers ride section, it will help you out.

Edited by CasperGTI

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The emerald k3 ecu won't work with a fly by wire, that is why i am now using a cable throttle.

TIGZ

Getting the fly by wire unit out was stupid, i spent a day trying to get the thing out, there is'nt no room,

attempted to get the dash out but it's plastic welded all over the place so i gave p on that lol.

I ended up just bashing the crap out of it with a club hammer and a pole lol.

Alez_225

Ye the bill is a bit more than i expected lol.

Spent alot of money on cars an bikes this year, (not good!) considering my r6 was stolen up london and i was only insured third party, that was 5 grand gone there.

Hopefuly i will be very pleased with the car when i get her back.

Def the most stressful part of the conversion lol.

Just spoke to andy at storm a min ago, they have now got the ecu and are taking out te standard wiring loom, he's going to give me a call on wednesday as they hope she will be running by then.

Hopefuly everything is all good.

Edited by DUB JIMBOB

Oh my old Lupo, I am (or was) Sl lUPO.

I bought it a few years ago as a totally standard car and done all the modifications on it:

lupobeforejpgrm5.jpg

When I sold it:

dsc04797qt6.jpg

I have loads of photos of the work done to it, if you're interested.

Absolutely loved that car to bits, nice to see someone else looking after it and tweaking it up!

Awesome car, well done mate!!!

Look forward to seeing the updates

Nice one

Si

Edited by si

Oh my old Lupo, I am (or was) Sl lUPO.

I bought it a few years ago as a totally standard car and done all the modifications on it:

lupobeforejpgrm5.jpg

When I sold it:

dsc04797qt6.jpg

I have loads of photos of the work done to it, if you're interested.

Absolutely loved that car to bits, nice to see someone else looking after it and tweaking it up!

Awesome car, well done mate!!!

Look forward to seeing the updates

Nice one

Si

Si are you the guy i spoke to in caterham valley, outside the currey house, when i had just bought the car off the guy who got it off of u.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the phone to andy at storm developments, the loop has been on the rollers and is running 195bhp,

andy said the car is spinning up in 3rd gear lol, ive now got to wait till sat as cant get anytinme off work to pick her up.

Edited by DUB JIMBOB

Ill be coming to pay a visit when your there! Excitement in the lupo world.... two charged lupos coming out of the workshop in the same week!

Might not be going to storm now for ecu work for mine.... i have another proposition going at the moment... will let you know about it when its been finalised.

Top stuff.

John

Edited by CasperGTI

Ill be coming to pay a visit when your there! Excitement in the lupo world.... two charged lupos coming out of the workshop in the same week!

Might not be going to storm now for ecu work for mine.... i have another proposition going at the moment... will let you know about it when its been finalised.

Top stuff.

John

Lol yeah.

Been told it's mega loud so might have to find a way to quiet down the thing.

Sounds good m8, give me a pm.

look forward to this at no rice.

well done on 195 bhp, were you from?

Im from sanderstead surrey m8. No rice is only 35min away from me.

Andyp

Do u mean a cone induction? If so yeah, there is a cone filter inside the enclosed induction.

Cheers.

Yeah it was done on the 100bhp engine.

Was shocked that the engine had put out 195bhp as don't know of any running this power on the 100bhp engine.

Just can't wait till saturday now to pick it up, still got a few cosmetic mods to do, tidy the car up a bit.

Edited by DUB JIMBOB