Mike M's diary (GTI gone but A4 is here)

Mike_M

Do you have any more details on how you fitted the audi tt foot rest?

Also how well does the boot light button work were you put it, funnily enough i have exactly the same switch and dismissed putting it where you did as it looked like the gap was too big for ot to press the switch. I was just eyeballing it though.

The foot rest was trial and error to get right but does require trimming.

The boot light also works fine and not had a problem with its position and turns off every time when the boot is shut.

cool, yeah i noticed it a few times as a walk across the campus. I'm at AUCB.

Based at the Business School myself

Here is the Weitec kit still wrapped up from AwesomeGTI with the new bushes etc from TPS

sus1.jpg

and here is a comparison of the original GTI rear damper near the new Weitec one............looks shorter but all fits fine and is def a lot more firmer.

sus2.jpg

And here she is after I fitted all the suspension getting the camber and toe sorted, but also having the mount holes widened so the camber would come into limits as it was -4 degrees both sides

sus3.jpg

The Hunter system taking pics and doing its job with aligning things up

sus4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

just looked through the whole thread and its given me some good ideas for when i get mine sorted, its an amazing car definitely some love gone into, and dare i say alot of money.

always checking this thread for inspiration, love the little oem style mods, i've actually just copied your idea of carpeting the back rests as i had some left over, as well as the audi foot rest (waiting on delivery on mine)

but i may of found a cheap little mod that you might be interested in, specially if it works. (again, waiting on delivery)

• 3 weeks later...