fuel consumption

paulbin

hi people, my lupo sport seems to like the petrol quite a bit im only gettin about `20-25` miles to the gallon, dont know if its to do with because its only got 6000miles on the clock, wot do u think??

check your tyres are inflated correctly, that your brakes aren't binding (drive a short distance and feel how hot the disks are to the touch thouhg you should hear it with the window down) and try a tank of optimax if you haven't been using it. I regularly used to run mine at `30-35mpg` even with my leaden feet. Make sure you check your oil regularly too if you've just finished running it in.

Has it just been serviced? My fuel consumption always plummets for the couple of months after it has been serviced.

Other than that, stop booting it at every available opportunity laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

taht shoul dmake a huge difference, car should feel a lot more pointy and not wriggle so much with the side walls on the tyres bending.

Christ are you driving everywhere in 5th gear???

Actually was forced into filling up the car yesterday, with the 30 litre tank I managed to get 29.8 litres into it.

I am lucky if I get 210 miles on a tank in the winter time. At the moment I am getting just under 300 but doing a few longer trips just now.

It all depends on weather and the type of driving you are doing, most of mine is spent racing between roundabouts in town and flooring it away from them.

I've only had mine a couple of months but I get `220-240` out of a tank (which was a bit of a shock after the smart `320-360`)

Well i have drove 39320miles in my car in less than 2 years and usually get about 39mpg unless ive been "booting it" alot.

Uually run 30miles with the light on then fill up tho cant get more than £25 in even then.

Had 260miles between fill ups once, through the red bit on the gauge to the white line. :shock:

hey darren smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> thanks for the discs again!!

aas u know me car is a bit sick at the mo... ho hum

anyway... sounds eaxactly like my car - i do a lot of miles and i get very similar results, 30 miles on fuel light, 30++++ to the gallon

darren - any ideas why mine would be slow sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />