Water Leak on GTi through front speak..

Rye

I have a problem with small amounts of water coming through front speaker..

I had a paint defect on the passenger door and has it resprayed.

When the idiots at VW sprayed it they must have stripped the door down and when they revitted the door back up snapped the speaker housing and instead of replacing it they just banged the door card back over typical. Here I am now a year later been back an they wont touch it..

I have decided to upgrade the front speaker whilst I am in there..

First I have a question...

What stops the back of the speaker getting wet? as this sits in the wet caverty of the door?

I have searched all the topics thats how I located the leak and have read hows to's.. on fittings speakers just wondered if I was missing somthing to stop back of speaker getting wet.

Cheers all

Rye

i had a similar problem to this, it turned out to be that the pipe from the sunroof drainer had come off , and the water was running onto the electrics in the passenger foot well , and now my central locking doesn't work.

Checked all the drain holes was the first thing I thought it was..

When you say "there shouldnt be much water in there" doesnt the water from the window run down the door skin and out the holes at the bottom so there should be a fair amount well there was when I tried it with a jug.

So there should be a plastic cover that goes over the top will have a look cheers guys.

much appreciated.

Rye