wipers not working

hey guys

my wipers arent working!! some cold mornings they dont work but then after they have warmed up they work.

however this morning they didnt work at all or again all day!! and the washer jets dot fire anymore either!!

help please it may just be a fuse i havent checked yet but what would have blown the fuse??

cheers

Nathan

My rear one sometimes comes on when I use my front wipers.....still trying to track it down, but could be a switch issue

Mine does although not often.

Ocasionally if i wash the front windscreen the back wiper will also do a few wipes, which is quite annoying and odd.

I mentioned it at the seat dealer when it was under warranty but i think they thought i must be mad! As they just said there is no link between front and rear :wacko:

Nope its not by accident that i knock it.

Because to wash the fron screen you need to pull the stalk towards you. THen my rear wiper does a few wipes as if ive washed the back (but no water has came out) So that would mean id have to push the stalk away from me and not push in the button on the end of the stalk.

And besides that only ever happens on my 1.0 and never with my TDI. So i think its something to do with the switch.

Having said that ive not noticed it doing that in ages ...

hey guys

my wipers arent working!! some cold mornings they dont work but then after they have warmed up they work.

however this morning they didnt work at all or again all day!! and the washer jets dot fire anymore either!!

help please it may just be a fuse i havent checked yet but what would have blown the fuse??

cheers

Nathan

This happened to me yesterday.. Last week when it was quite frosty they wouldn't work to begin with but once everything got warmed up they finally did. Then I went to clean the screen yesterday.. no response! Not even the washer jets! My rear wiper works fine but thats all i got from it. The only good thing is because my Fox is under a year old i get free roadside assistance from VW, so waiting for someone to come out in a bit.. hoping its just a fuse.. may be something more? :confused:

• 2 weeks later...