Crysis

Lukus 9N

I bought an 8800GTS too Jim....doh.

Played the demo, was impressed by the graphics, but the gameplay didn't feel right. Getting shot at from 10 miles away by some eagle-eyed bloke who could just see my pinky finger through the crack of a door just feels stupid. Although punching someone across the screen is always nice.

Have been attacked by a shark yet? Kinda scary!

building a new pc in march to play Crysis and all the newly realeased games. Been playing COD4 on the ps3 and its good, but theres always gonna be something wrong with using a gamepad for first person shooters.

What spec you going for fella?

Something like this, just a general idea of what i would be looking for. Brand of graphics card doesnt really matter, as long as its a 8800 GTS 512 or GTX...

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16GHz

Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R Socket 775 Motherboard [iP35 Express, S 775, PCI-Ex16, DDR2/3 1066/1333/800, SATA II, SATA RAID, ATX]

Asus Extreme 8800GTS 512MB TOP PCI-E 2.0 or EVGA 8800GTX

Corsair 4GB PC2-6400 C5 XMS2 (2x2GB)

320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA2 16MB

Corsair 520W HX V2 Series Modular PSU

LiteOn 20x LightScribe Kit

Creative X-Fi Xtreme Fatal1ty Pro

Antec P182 Advanced Super Midi Tower Black + CPU Fan and Case Fans.

+ 22" LCD, Razor mouse and 5.1 Surround!

Although Duo Core is still new age, as we all know, computers go out of date quickly, you may aswell get the best of the best if you plan on upgrading, then atleast it's 6-months future proof.

Although nowadays it's more like 2-month future proof!

Nice setup mattie.Why only 3.16ghz? They all do 4ghz under even air

Il wave my Epenis now

Lian Li 343B

Q6600 4Ghz

2gb Muskin 9200 4-4-4-9

DFI X38

BFG GTX

All custom water cooled

IIyama 22"

DSC00611.jpg

DSC00612.jpg

Edited by Bikerz

The Q6600 is defo best bang for buck, although im still not sure if even in the near future all 4 cores will be needed. Think its the same with Sli - not being utilised completely in games yet...I also dont multi-task that much, so was thinking towards a faster cpu for gaming in the E8500.

Havn't ever OC'd so will try get 4Ghz on this new rig!

I've been saving for quite a while for this and am suffering from the "just wait a little longer for new hardware" syndrome!! Nice rig mate, always envious of the old water cooling!

Thats stupid.

Triple SLI!? My 1 7800GTX chucks out enough heat under load as it is, Let alone 3 of them!

Im currently building a file server for my house and debating what C2D to use :confused:

Yeah but still only can use 2 16X PCI lanes so on point in two. Crossfire the way to go if you want that. But personelly I cant see the need for anymore than 1 card, just buy a good one, IE . GTX GTS. (thats my cop out for not being able to afford 2)

I totaly agree on no point in the quads at the min, but I have noticed loads of things will use all 4 cores already which realy surpirses me, loads of games, even older one, I think it lets 1 or 2 of the spare cores deal with other stuff (dont havea clue what tho)

If its just for a server mat then even a 2140 clocked to 3ghz (easy on air) will be fine. Tho if running 24/7 then maybe 2.8 or 2.6. It will be fine.

Not that much point tho unless u on 64bit OS(will only recognise 3.25.3.5gb) Tho it is very cheap at the min. If you only run cheapy 800mhz ram go for some nice fast 1066mhz stuff,like ballistic as you can get a 2X1gb for £60 new. Id get 2gb of that before bothering ith 4gb of cheaper stuff. I only have 2gb RAM but even if you had 2 8800GTX Ultras in SLI it would still be gfx card holding u back as Crysis is so GFX dependant

Edited by Bikerz