New Impreza...Oh Dear

krieglupo

Right so I was out and about today, when I happened to stumble upon to absolute horror that is, wait for it, the new Impreza. Yes a car that has for years symbolised the right way to do a high performance saloon, is now not even a saloon, and the worst of it, it's pretty ugly.

I cannot believe Subaru has done this again, I mean years ago we all went mental when they put those silly little spotlight things for headlights:

0_ImprezaUk_2405.jpg

And now they have not only messed a little part of the car up, they have butchered the thing beyong belief. Shouldn't this be a thing between the little Justy and the Impreza rather than the new Impreza, but enough is enough, if you haven't seen already (I assume most of you have indeed), here is the hideous monster.

SpeedDemon491.jpg

medium_444849375_2721c0b24b_o.jpg

EDIT: Whilst looking for those pics, I discovered a Saloon version is indeed available, but this little rant must stay because it is demeaning the Impreza name.

Edited by krieglupo

but cheaper and faster than the saloon that preceeded? id have one. the one youve pictured int of any decent spec either.

plus :) isnt it about time a company took a risk and radicaly tranformed a car like subaru have? 2.5 turbo in whats essentially a focus sized car? awesome :)

not knocking the old imprezas, they rule, but just my 5p

but cheaper and faster than the saloon that preceeded? id have one. the one youve pictured int of any decent spec either.

plus :) isnt it about time a company took a risk and radicaly tranformed a car like subaru have? 2.5 turbo in whats essentially a focus sized car? awesome :)

not knocking the old imprezas, they rule, but just my 5p

Someone post a good spec one up then. Its never going to be about time for them to radically transfom it into

that ugly mess though is it? If its now a focus sized car, they've done themselves over good and proper. The

focus st looks better, way better, so does the civic type r, megane 225 etc.

Maybe they should have made this model under another name, kept the impreza similar to how it was and sold both!

THats really horrid isnt it, saw one a few months ago.

Looks like a mazda 3 but far far worse.

The old impreza was never anything special to look at without all its big spoilers etc but thats just owful.

Wont sell. :huh:

nah, jut clever, a business mind will tell you they are trying to move into the astra vxr, focus ST sector of the market, with the saloon for more traditional fans :) also, they do a 1.5, wow, more money :)

nah, jut clever, a business mind will tell you they are trying to move into the astra vxr, focus ST sector of the market, with the saloon for more traditional fans :) also, they do a 1.5, wow, more money :)

Yer no doubt they are, but its blatently so much more ugly than everything in that market??

I suppose its because its nothing like the old one.

You could get a 1.5 in the old one, but how many normal looking imprezas do you see around? Not many, the bigger sellers were the sporty ones. I suppose this might be the same but most people would rather have a Focus ST, VRX or Golf GTI im sure.

Its been out a few months now and ive only ever seen one on the road.

The only good car Subaru makes now IMO is the legacy. The forester is awful, and there is talk about bringing out a city car. From what i could tell its the same car as the daihatsu Sirion, which is also the same car now used for the small perodua! So is subaru does bring that out its never going to sell either.

They need to get their act together!

The STI doesnt look too bad. The saloon if only for the amaerican market and is only available as the 'cooking' WRX and not an STI.

This one is the new STI but it is a Jap Import model so it has the 2 litre engine and no burble but much better specification than the UK STI. I think its growing on me :blink:

This one is imported by Litchfield who are the daddy of importing imprezas from Japan and tuning then. This one i believe is putting out 350bhp and as far as i am aware all it has had is a remap for uk fuel. (Thats why the wires are sticking out of the dash by the way) Anyhow, enjoy the piccies

T5NYW618537867143.jpg

T5NYW226940233045.jpg

T5NYW61307226424.jpg

T5NYW47880736347.jpg

T5NYW27492476563.jpg

T5NYW7189809993.jpg

T5NYW4866935081.jpg

T5NYW3644864861.jpg

T5NYW1683160317.jpg

T5NYW979191579.jpg

That does look too bad actually.

I think its the back that spoils it. The rear lights dont suit it, they are very much like the liks on the back of the new Maserati GT and they dont suit that either :lol: Although the clear lights on the red one at the top of the page are even worse!

Edited by cardaft

am i the only one who thinks that these road going rally cars have lost there touch ?? if i bought one i would demand that it had bits bulging out of it everywhere and looked like this

Evo5-13.jpg

a rally car shouldnt be pretty it should be on steriods!!!

I didnt like these at all until I saw an sti in the flesh, nice motor. Bulges and lines all over the front, back not so good but saved by the quad pipes. Not sure if I'd buy one though....

The STI versions look smart and the interior is amazing, they arent too bad. I think we expected a lot more from subaru though because of its predecessors. But hey dont ask me i think the new honda civics are disgusting but everyone else seems to like them ... :wacko:

I saw an STi quite recently and was impressed with how it looked. I mean, I wouldn't say I want one, but considering how foul the standard new Impreza is I found myself rather liking this white one I saw in Tesco car park.

n604796674_877381_4240.jpg

n604796674_877380_784.jpg

Front end on it looks quite purposeful actually. No excuse for those rear lights, except that when on they look much better!