NE/NW Spring Drive 2008 - Sunday 16th March - 11 am

MattyA

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Haydon Bridge, cause i know where it is :lol: and how long it will take me to get there

And i carnt find the A686 on the map, did you get the number wrong Matt?

Found it, its no were near the 69. thats why i couldnt find it

The A686 is 1km east of Haydon Bridge on the A69.

The starting point on the map is Alston, but since thats an interesting road, I thought we may as well all head up together. :)

Im happy to stick to the original starting point of Haydon Bridge, but we best have a joint decision! lol

Edited by matt a

I think its a bit late to be changing things the night before, not everybody thats coming will be around to check in on here tonight.

But its your show Matt so you make the decision.

I'm really sorry guys but I can't make it. Rob also I'm sorry, I just cant take the risk with my car atm. Sorry to waste anyones time.

Cheers

No worries, would rather know now.

i came home early as i had house things to do, but from the drive i did do................

helen drives like the stig.

and my golf loves third gear 7krpm downshifts, and developed a stutter that cleared after a calm drive home. sun came out too at heartside :)

Well Payna it was a good day out. :lol: No way your car would have made it over the those roads.

Helen in the fasted TDI in the West proving that girls can drive, god that thing shifts. Did anybody say racing line :lol

Jon, consider yourself banned from club lupo, lazy git!

Sara i see you reading this thread, had a chat to your boyfriend. You should get your self along to the next meet.

My back is killing me, but breakfast was lush. had a great day out. Done 205 miles door to door

I wont post any pictures cause i didnt take any, :lol: see you all again soon.

helen drives like the stig.

Haha. Me and Foxy were saying that, we were barely keeping up!

Fun day out. I'm knackered, and my back isn't feeling to clever either.

I just raced a BMW 630 after leaving you lot. Used up the remainder of my petrol nicely, but think I surprised him a bit. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the next one...

sounds like i missed a nice driving day. weather hasnt been too bad here either :(

a bit of scrubbadge never hurt anyone!

EDIT: nice pics phil, weather looks perfect! do i spy a load of clios there too??

Edited by payna

Had a great day, so thanks to everyone who put in an appearance, obviously Jon has some explaining to do!! :lol:

Some of my personal highlights

- Seeing Mitch's beige beauty;

- Being chased down by a 4 speed mk2 (startled me in to make a rash overtaking manoeuver)

- Having a drink at the pub/chinese/drug den in Alston :wacko:;

- Enjoying a small breakfast at Hartside (Unlike Foxy going large ;));

- Losing my way in Alston, and making everyone U-turn around a small tree;

- 105 miles on stunning roads and excellent weather, including 20 miles of single track road through the moors;

- Missing a junction at over 80 mph and watching everyone behind follow suit! :wacko:

- All in all a great day, always good to see you guys!

dsc04307ly7.jpg

dsc04310kn6.jpg

dsc04314hs8.jpg

img2542xd4.jpg

img2555na3.jpg

Edited by matt a

I only realised this was going on when my bf and his clio nerds saw everyone and texted me! Dont reckon i could have managed it though due to lots of fruit cider last nite :sick:

He had his camera with him though and managed to get a couple of pics, so here they are!

IMG_1665.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

and a final one showing that french and german cars can play nicely together :clap:

IMG_1655.jpg

My next idea is:

"Dubs Dawn Raid"

The concept is that we head out early one summer and tear the roads up, end the day with a BBQ, beers, and a spot of camping! :lol: