Engine tickover a little noisy

The top end treatment usually stops the ticking noises, we have used it in one of our cars and its still not making any noise.

Been thinking of using this, as the GTi has just hit the 50k mark.. Most engines are loud from the start before the engine gets circulated with oil.

Also cardaft have you ever heard of the seal restorer thats by Forte. I have a very small oil leak from a seal. Would this additive be detramental to the engines performance? Just always been a sceptic? Also where do you add the seal conditioner in to the oil?

So many quastions sorry :lol: just I have read on another thread that your dad works for Forte?? :confused:

Been thinking of using this, as the GTi has just hit the 50k mark.. Most engines are loud from the start before the engine gets circulated with oil.

Also cardaft have you ever heard of the seal restorer thats by Forte. I have a very small oil leak from a seal. Would this additive be detramental to the engines performance? Just always been a sceptic? Also where do you add the seal conditioner in to the oil?

So many quastions sorry :lol: just I have read on another thread that your dad works for Forte?? :confused:

Yeah oil seal reconditioner is good too. We used to have a little old renault that had an oil leak, put some of the seal stuff in and it cured it! Never leaked again! We also used the top end treatment on the same car and it quietened down no end.

I used rad stop leak in my first car and it cured a slightly blown headgasket. Its very good stuff!

I dont think it will effect the cars performance, have a read HERE

Ill ask my dad about it, but i think you just put it in with the oil and its in until the next time you change the oil.

• 2 months later...