finally got pics up

dubsy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad to see it all back together looks good better than what it did when i saw it up at veedub good job
ye looked pretty sorry for itself in there covered in dust

ye looked pretty sorry for itself in there covered in dust

thats true bit gutting when i looked in side it wires every were it was something out of a bad dream :lol: well my lupo rebuild is on hold as bought a coorado that needs tlc i finaly got somthing with a supercharger yey :lol: whats next for the the loop???

thats true bit gutting when i looked in side it wires every were it was something out of a bad dream :lol: well my lupo rebuild is on hold as bought a coorado that needs tlc i finaly got somthing with a supercharger yey :lol: whats next for the the loop???
you should have charged the lupo twice the fun! probably schrick cams next and jabba remap, looking into porsche calipers but im not sure wether theyll clear the wheels but deffo a bonnet bra and billet rear vw badge

you should have charged the lupo twice the fun! probably schrick cams next and jabba remap, looking into porsche calipers but im not sure wether theyll clear the wheels but deffo a bonnet bra and billet rear vw badge

i still am supercharging the loop but not just yet want to get my new toy running first as for the things u got planned next sounds

4 brach definitely makes a difference after being out in Payna's GTI with the 4 branch and BMC. Worthwhile mod. B)

How come it took so long for the conversion? Is it all Polo GTI engine, gearbox and loom?

4 brach definitely makes a difference after being out in Payna's GTI with the 4 branch and BMC. Worthwhile mod. B)

How come it took so long for the conversion? Is it all Polo GTI engine, gearbox and loom?

its all polo gti gearbox,engine, throttle body, clocks, fuel pump,steering wheel,ecu fly by wire pedal and sensor the reason it took so long is because the car it came out of was crushed before they took the rear loom out so i had to wait to find another and they dont come about everyday unfortunately the engine has only done 20,000 miles so it was worth the wait really

Nice looking car mate,where did you get that grill/cover plate bonnet?Looking for one to fit GTI.Many thanks.

the grill is a kamei one with the badge removed, in the kit you get a bonnet insert to fill in the gap left by the vw badge and adhesive to stick it. you just need to paint it

its all polo gti gearbox,engine, throttle body, clocks, fuel pump,steering wheel,ecu fly by wire pedal and sensor the reason it took so long is because the car it came out of was crushed before they took the rear loom out so i had to wait to find another and they dont come about everyday unfortunately the engine has only done 20,000 miles so it was worth the wait really

Ah right i see! So it's got a full polo gti loom then, wasn't sure if the polo gti stuff plugged straight in or not like the lupo gti one does.

You should have a look up to the baltic meet at the weekend if you get the chance.

Ah right i see! So it's got a full polo gti loom then, wasn't sure if the polo gti stuff plugged straight in or not like the lupo gti one does.

You should have a look up to the baltic meet at the weekend if you get the chance. the plugs for the lights are different so they have to be wired up seperately and the loom i got didnt have a sun roof plug either so that had to be wired in to. what day and time is the meet if its sunday im at work 9 til 9 but if its saturday night i might be tempted

Edited by dubsy

the plugs for the lights are different so they have to be wired up seperately and the loom i got didnt have a sun roof plug either so that had to be wired in to. what day and time is the meet if its sunday im at work 9 til 9 but if its saturday night i might be tempted

It's 3pm on Sunday mate unfortunately.

Had a feeling i'd seen this car at inters a few years back so had a quick look through my pics and found this.

IMG_4145_copy_small.jpg

ye thats me the weather was red hot a great weekend all round i won runner up in the show and shine so cant grumble at that

• 4 weeks later...

just a small update bonnet bra is now on quite like the look, marmite to some people i know but im gonna use it functunally going to shows and backDSC00031.jpg

Edited by dubsy

also finally got my finger out and repainted the engine, the paint vw use to paint the polo gti engine is quite frankly pants and corrodes fairly quickly so 3 coats of high temp paint and 8 coats of clear later here are the results. next up now i have access to a cnc machine and water jet billet goodness!DSC00045-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

hi there fella was good to talk to some other clublupo members i actually like the side strips on the car i never really follow what others are doing but make the changes which i feel are right for the car i do see why people do it though, there seemed to be loads of lupos this year at fest roll on next year