MK5 Golf GTTDI ...

MattyA

Absolutely lush :wub:

Ahh cheers Clairey!!

What did you do for the polishing of the rim??

Purest elbow grease!!! :lol:- TBH they aint that good, need a bit more work, to get a few light scratches out. :(

Oh and the creamy looking layer on the wheels is wax (not man mayo!!)

Edited by matt a

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just looking for tyres, anyone got any recommendations?? the wheels are 8Jx18 :)

Thanks

May i be so bowled as to suggest tyres made from some sort of rubber compound, they work realy well on my car so assume they will also work on yours.

oo, and dont forget to get 18" ones as the 17"s are bitch to fit over those 18" rims.

Edited by foxy

May i be so bowled as to suggest tyres made from some sort of rubber compound, they work realy well on my car so assume they will also work on yours.

oo, and dont forget to get 18" ones as the 17"s are bitch to fit over those 18" rims.

All valuable advice :coffee:

Ill go all out and get some red uns to smoke up!! :lol:

Edited by matt a

Thought I'd update this today:

- Yesterday I hit a pheasant which resulted in a snapped front grille :( rang VW who want £47 + VAT plus £80 for spraying! :wacko: so I currently have two broken grilles, starting to look Ratted already!

- Today I cleaned it (in readiness for tomorrows drive out) and fitted textured mirror covers - bit of OEMinus modding, thought it would add some contrast.

golfgt004sl4.jpg

golfgt006yz2.jpg

golfgt001bj0.jpg

golfgt005zd4.jpg

Edited by matt a

Is there any way I can view the pictures bigger? Clicking the thumbnail just takes me to the imageshack homepage.

Looks good from what I can see though.

Ill post some full size pics :)

it looks clean... but i'd run after that peasant and ask for your grille back ;)

The only good thing about the whole experience was seeing it fired 10 ft in the air and leaving a plume of feathers in my wake! :lol: not worth £150 mind!

you should make a rear view mirror hanging from some of the feathers! kind of like a trophy!

pheasants are so stupid! they try and run away from the car but dont think that if they just step off the road they wont have to run and might actually live!

i once hit a black bird in my dads old audi s-line when i stopped the lower grill was full of feathers, i almost purged!

ben

rabbit feet are apparently good luck charms so why not pheasant limbs? or maybe a dream catcher! ahha

Some retard will have eaten it by now! :lol: