lupo rattle/vibration SORTED

Hi all, new on here and have a problem i hope someone can help with.

just bought the misses a lupo 1.0 e ,she loves it and so do i but it has a nasty rattle or vibration between 1500 to 2500 revs,the noise seems to be in front of you from the driving seat and goes away when you rev the car higher, I have only noticed this when driving .

any ideas welcomed.

thanks

regards kevin

Edited by samson

could it be from the cam belt?????????????

belt has recently been changed by the previous,at a cost of £75 including the belt,

i was thinking it might be one of the tensioners,if these where not changed.

car has done i think 86000 miles,or even clutch wear??????,as i have no bills for a new clutch!!

what you think!!!

regards kevin

£75 to do a timing belt including the belt!!! id be questioning that one as the cheapest i can find to do it is £180 including the belt kit .... it takes 2 hours to do apparently and at say £40 an hour for a cheap garage thats £80 in labour alone

Thats a bit cheap for it to be changed and supplied. :wacko:

You need the cambelt kit, not just the belt itself, since you should change the tensioners on every cambelt change, as these are often prone to going. Also its worth getting the water pump done at the same time.

There was a fault ith some water pumps on them because the blade in the pump was made from plastic it would break up, so then there would be no water going round then engine and it would over heat, leading to possible head gasket issues. Its very easy to change the water pump while the cambelt is being done.

So its best to get it all done really!

I had my belt changed about 10k ago.

I have had the same rattle on my lupo since.

It is more of a rear of dash/inner arch rattle.Clears at 2k revs.

I had a look aroud the belt it does not seem to be coming from there.

Deffo not the clutch.Had mine changed 3k ago and rattle is still there.Its driving me MAD!!

Thats a bit cheap for it to be changed and supplied. :wacko:

You need the cambelt kit, not just the belt itself, since you should change the tensioners on every cambelt change, as these are often prone to going. Also its worth getting the water pump done at the same time.

There was a fault ith some water pumps on them because the blade in the pump was made from plastic it would break up, so then there would be no water going round then engine and it would over heat, leading to possible head gasket issues. Its very easy to change the water pump while the cambelt is being done.

So its best to get it all done really!

Edited by samson

I had my belt changed about 10k ago.

I have had the same rattle on my lupo since.

It is more of a rear of dash/inner arch rattle.Clears at 2k revs.

I had a look aroud the belt it does not seem to be coming from there.

Deffo not the clutch.Had mine changed 3k ago and rattle is still there.Its driving me MAD!!

that sounds like the same thing,to be honest havent had time to have a good look at it yet,

and £75 for a belt change sounds a bit iffy,i will try and get a price of vw for the full job

thanks for the replys

regards kevin

anyone thought more manifold? looe? or a heat shield? it would clear at higher revs becaue the vibration wouldnt be as strong? its first thing id check.. cheaper too lol

Edited by MattTDI

anyone thought more manifold? looe? or a heat shield? it would clear at higher revs becaue the vibration wouldnt be as strong? its first thing id check.. cheaper too lol
yeah i suppose it could be something like that its recently had a front pipe according to the records that came with car so you maybe right,but i must addmit i drove it earlier and it does sound down by the right hand side wheel.

cheers

kevin

FOUND!!!!

drivers side inner wing,there is a hole where the cold air feed goes,it fits into a hard foam like box built in to the wing,this was lose and vibrating on the inner wing and on the wheel arch lining,been driving me mad!!!!!!!.

I think it should be stuck to the wheel arch or something not just floating about.any way sorted.

when looking i found that the exhaust has started breaking on what looks like a flexi pipe before the cat.

anyone else had this??think ill take it of and try to weld it.

regards kevin

• 2 weeks later...