Need convincing?!

broom

Firstly this is my first post, wey

Ok i am in the position now where i am cut up between buying a Polo MK5 GTI or a Lupo GTI.....

My only concern with the Lupo is the small boot space... is it posible to cram a decent system into that little space? ie 12" sub etc...

secondly wots the speed difference like between the polo and the lupo

and finally there is a tw@ that drives a saxo vts, i would like to beat him

HELP ME CHOOSE A CAR!! cheers guys and lasses

Lupo GTi!!

You would do the VTS driver at higher speeds if his was standard.

Loop GTi is faster than the Polo GTi as its lighter.

You can fit a 12" sub in if your creative.

lupo gti

even though i am a polo driver i still would choose the Lupo Gti

the polo gti is *****, it has 125bhp and is slow, faster than mine but not by much, and at 70mph in 5th i can pull away from a gti also in 5th.

they are ***** handling

pig on ice = polo handling

lupo any day

also polo gti's look crap compared to a lupo gti

as you can see i wanna lupo gti

Ive seen a few lupo GTI's in the milton keynes area so if n e one wants to take me out there welcome to biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I am test driving a lupo GTI 2moro so ill let u kno wot i think...

I like the PoloGTis - especially the wheels!

However according to the reviews, the Polo has *terrible* steering. LupoGTi is, according to EVO, the "best VW GTi since the Mk2 Golf"

But then, as mentioned, were all bias! Be interested to see what they'd say on Porka.net (or is it performance polos these days!)

and finally there is a tw@ that drives a S*xo vts, i would like to beat him

Buy a Civic type R biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> not only will you beat him you will make him look really stupid for trying to beat you.

If you only want a car to beat a Saxo vts dont waste your money on a Lupo GTi.Buy a Lupo GTi because you like the style and because there are not many around.

morning Will.

raced one of the new WR special edition 300bhp ice blue Imprezas last night, from the 30 limits to three figures he made about 3 car lengths which i was quite pleased about, specially as it was a bit damp and my rears were spinning up a little bit. Held station through the twistys but they were mostly fast sweepers then he turned off with a wave when he realised he couldn't get away lol.

Most cars go pretty fast when they realise Crusoe has their ass in his sight! Yet to see a WR on the road! Mate has just bought a VTS, black with a light creamy leather interior and I have to say it is actually very smart looking, can't wait to have a go to compare it to ythe Lupo!

didn't know they did leather trim, hope they put new seats in too as the origionals are rubbish, fat too soft and set too high so I couldn't even sit in it and turn the wheel without it rubbing on my knees. got a 106 gti instead, better seats and set lower, runs better on the pug 14" wheels instead of the vts's 15s though it doesn't sound liek a standard car so he's probably on bigger rims.

keeps the weight down though. got to try going round a corner and just keep your foot in fully and it will drag itself round. Quite amasing how well they put the power down and with 4deg or rear steer when you plant it it holds the line fantastically. Not good for tyres but bet a well driven one could keep up with you or I on a twisty bit of road.

what when I'm out jogging? laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

it's not that good! He's not willing to race my Loop as he was in my car shortly after I got the exhaust and head work done and knows what a difference there was but I would imagine a standard Lupo would struggle on the bendy bits due to the `robin-reliant` like/`pre-suspension` mod. comedic body roll!

have a go and you'd be surprised, standard scoobys at that time came with 205 rubber so didn't have mich larger a footprint, seem to remember a 106 only being about 3 seconds a lap slower round one of the evo circuits with the cornering speeds in some places being higher

Comes down a lot to the driver and their knowledge of the area. I raced a Carrera 3 in my old Polo 1.4 75bhp, and he couldn't gain an inch! The reason was that I knew the road like the back of my hand, he didn't know it very well, and it was steep downhill with nothing but corners, so outright power had no effect.

He stopped me at the traffic lights at the other end to ask what the hell I'd done to it. When I told him all it had was slightly wider tyres than standard, the look on his face was a picture! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

(Obviously a good driver/one who knew the road would have left me a mile behind, but this guy was going as fast as he could but didn't know the limits of his car or the road)

If i was really trying I could keep up with scoobys in my 106gti in the corners

Not a hope in hell!

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I've been in Impreza's when the driver's REALLY been pushing it... awesome grip on fast, tight bends!!

No way a front wheel drive 106 GTI is even going to stay on the road if it tried the same!

Know the topic of conversation has gone a little beyond this now, but i test drove a lupo gti today, for an hour buy myself, and f*ck me there nippy little things, even tho it was a test drive i couldnt resist racing n e thing that came near me! my mind is made up...

LUPO GTI ON THE WAY biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

i saw some guy giving one some stick in newport last nite, wicked machine it was biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />