Possible sale of a gti

PeteSGT

Hey guys

I have really enjoyed owning my gti, nearly had it for a year now....but I feel the time has come to move on to something different...perhaps with four wheel drive and a rather nice burble from the boxer lump!!

I am just putting the feelers out at the minute to guage any interest and to find out what you guys would think it is worth.

She's got 28k on the clock on an '04 plate...and has just had a VW service about a month ago. Of course it has full VWSH

Copy_of_SPA50348.JPG

Copy_of_SPA50351.JPG

I would rather sell it to someone on here...rather than let it go to a dealer somewhere

Edited by petenlaura

dam you just bought two loops in a month(04 gti and a 54 16v) if i had seen that it would of been 2 gti's

anyway that sounds worth good money(£8.5k) good luck with the sale but i think you will regret selling the gti(mines better than my old s3!!!!)

Edited by mrgarf

Ahhh...don't make me feel guilty!!

I do love it...but I've always wanted an impreza (probably classic shape wrx sti type r) and now the time has come (before I get my own place) when I can afford one.

Another reason for me selling is that this car was my girlfriends...but we bought her a new beetle 1.8t....so I gained this wee beasty.......only for her to find another bloke...and dump me right before christmas....just before we were due to move into a flat together :angry2:

I need to move on and start a fresh!

Well its only the standard spec...cloth seats and radio/cassette+single cd deck, no sunroof.

But it does have a working 3rd brake light :rolleyes:

The car is in superb condition though....because unlike my ex...I take care of things!!

I reckon I would ask for 8k.

Edited by petenlaura

• 2 weeks later...
Well its only the standard spec...cloth seats and radio/cassette+single cd deck, no sunroof.

But it does have a working 3rd brake light :rolleyes:

The car is in superb condition though....because unlike my ex...I take care of things!!

I reckon I would ask for 8k.

Hmmmm, instead of an old shape Impreza would you not like to swap for a metallic silver ST205 WRC Celica GT4, import so very clean bodywork, no rust & nice underneath, covered 80k miles, regular oil changes, (nice spec having had an engine rebuild including J&E forged pistons, ARP bolts throughout, RPS Maxstreet organic clutch (450lbft capacity), Blitz ECU, Cusco rollcage, 3" Kakimoto exhaust & downpipe, TRD suspension, Volk alloys, Fig 8's done...etc etc. RR'd with 278bhp & 289lbft at the wheels :shades: @ 15psi - prob around 330-340bhp at the fly & has good potential with a larger tubby). Can't hear the flat fours burbling, as they're normally too far behind :whistle:

Think about it...as I'd really like to downsize for commuting as just bought a second home...

Cheers

Steve

Edited by MrMischief

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmmm, instead of an old shape Impreza would you not like to swap for a metallic silver ST205 WRC Celica GT4, import so very clean bodywork, no rust & nice underneath, covered 80k miles, regular oil changes, (nice spec having had an engine rebuild including J&E forged pistons, ARP bolts throughout, RPS Maxstreet organic clutch (450lbft capacity), Blitz ECU, Cusco rollcage, 3" Kakimoto exhaust & downpipe, TRD suspension, Volk alloys, Fig 8's done...etc etc. RR'd with 278bhp & 289lbft at the wheels :shades: @ 15psi - prob around 330-340bhp at the fly & has good potential with a larger tubby). Can't hear the flat fours burbling, as they're normally too far behind :whistle:

Think about it...as I'd really like to downsize for commuting as just bought a second home...

Cheers

Steve

Sorry for the hurrendously late reply!

Cheers for the offer...and I have a friend who had a white st205 wrc...and very nice they are too. But I have had a re-consider (one of many..and there's probably many more to come) and have chosen not to sell the loop.

Its a great little car...which has given me not one problem, and is reasonably cheap to run and insure. I do not owe any money on it and I like it...so really I would be mad to chop it in for a car which is 14 years old.

I think I want a motorbike now!!

Edited by petenlaura