My new car - Black magic Fabia vRS

Adam K

ok, well had it a month now, done 1 mod, and averaged 45 to the gallon even with some spirited driving. most i've achieved is 53 to the gallon driving to birmingham and back at approx 80-90 the whole way.

this was at the garage the day i picked it up at......

newcar.jpg

since then it has been cold and wet and the car is dirty as hell, infact at the moment it's so dirty you can't see the rear numberplate.

at the weekend i did my first mod to it, i installed a kenwood double din head unit with garmin nav built in, direct ipod control, usb input, divx, etc etc. it's a kenwood dnx-7200 and i bought it from these people....

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/kenwood-dnx...ion-p-1048.html

i shall be adding the bluetooth addon next month when i get paid, and i have also booked in for a remap in january.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

plans for this car are, rear anti rollbar, coilovers, and some new rims, along with the remap that it's already booked in for.

Edited by Adam K

well, today i have been out and cleaned it thoroughly inside and out. it is shiny as hell, but now it's too dark to take any pics with my proper camera and i have to drive it later :(

i am so glad i got black, it comes up like a mirror, roll on summer when it will stay clean for more than a few hours!!

sorry for the rubbish cam phone pics, will get some good ones sometime.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by Adam K

I'll be very interested what you do on the remap front. I'm going to get our Ibiza 130 FR done in May and looking to fit a Magnex exhaust with decat and a Cupra intake before it goes in. There seems to be wildly differing values quoted for the 130PD from just a remap. Keep us posted!

I'll be very interested what you do on the remap front. I'm going to get our Ibiza 130 FR done in May and looking to fit a Magnex exhaust with decat and a Cupra intake before it goes in. There seems to be wildly differing values quoted for the 130PD from just a remap. Keep us posted!

apparently, according to jabba sport, the limiting factor in a custom remap is the state of your clutch. they could map 200bhp with 330lb/ft if they wanted to, but it would destroy a standard clutch.

180bhp and 280lb/ft is a sensible level from a custom map apparently.

i am actually going for a generic remap from performance torque, mainly because i got a good price on their xmas offer, £225 reduced from £375. they were booked up till xmas so they have said they will keep that price for me if i get it done in january.

i might get a custom map if i get a performance clutch in the future.

Edited by Adam K

today i added a van aaken tuning box, it is friggin' awesome!!! i am getting a proper remap on the 12th, but this tuning box has really surprised me, but then again they cost £470 new so should be good for that kinda cash.