Hesitating GTi

TANNER

Hi Guys,

As it is problem month for my lupo at the moment, can anyone give me an idea of what could be going wrong for me??

I had my 5th year service at Midland VW a few weeks back now, no problems to report so I drove away happy. A day or so later I developed a bad misfire which I guessed was a dodgy lead or plug as I had this on my previous polo. Took this back to Midland VW which they were more than happy to take a look at for me and it showed a lead had split.

They in turn replaced the leads for me and all was fine for another week. I then started getting the eggy smell which concerned me about my catalyst! Had an mot last week which it passed no problem and emissions were also fine and the guy at the garage could not see a problem with the cat.

Driving to work this morning the misfire has come back and is hesitating when accelerating quite badly, there is also a creaking noise coming from the back of the car!

My first thoughts are that its the exhaust which is my latest problem but can anybody shed any light on it from previous experience??

I have a 52 plate 6 speed with 45k on the clock.

Thank you! :coffee:

Cheers Mike,

They werent actually changed during the service as Midland VW deemed them in very good condition still! They actually showed me one too and it looked as good as new.

I will take it back AGAIN tomorrow and see what the verdict is.

Nothing wrong in 4 years ownership and spent £550 so far in the past month with servicing, brakes, mot, tyres etc etc. Lifes a Bitch ey!!

Make sure all the leads are attached to the spark plugs, if you've got bosch plugs in there they will probably wont attach properly. For some reason the leads attach much better to the NGK plugs which vw use as standard. I would have thought it's most likely to be that, if it's not that then start looking at the coilpack. The creak from the rear end is common place and develops over time, i don't know of anyone who has actually managed to cure it.

Thanks gents,

I will pick up some NGK's on the way back from work tomorrow and take it from there.

I may have had the creak for some time, its only when I have a problem with the car that I turn music off to listen and get paranoid aout creaks and rattles!!