Just bought a lupo sport blue

Jack_Pug

Hiya people,

well i know my name says pug but i have just bought my second car a x reg blue lupo sport. It is in excellent condition had full service history etc. (just hoping gearbox wont go lol). ALso the car has a cd player and air con,Just wondering is this standard in sports as he said these where expensive optional extras?

Also could people help me out on wheels, lookin to get a new set and just wondering if 15,16" rub (it's not lowered). also i understand pcd is 4x100 and et is 38 does this mean i can get ford/vauhaxall rims etc.

Also in the terms of wheels can there be any leaway with et. e.g. could i get wheels which are e.t.35 or 40(if so how far can i go with out spacer.

hope you can help cheers jack

edition 38 is good for wheels, bearing in mind mk1/2 golf alloys fit a loop. if thats what your after

Do they really? oooh might get some G60 BBS then heh heh! learn something everyday! Welcome Jack! nice cars these Lupos!

Edited by mik3y

you'll be fine with any et between et25 and et40 if your not going too low.

be careful with anything outside these offset. You can go higher ie et45 or et50 but you will need 15 or 20mm spacers.

Decent spacers arent cheap at all! they are around £60 for 2 new for hubcenric ones!

Universal ones are cheap but they are crap... you will get wheel wobble unless the spacers are very small ie 2-5mm!

You also need to watch out for the centre bore size when buying wheels... VW fitment are 57.1

You can go slightly bigger by 1 or 2mm max and buy spigiot rings but be careful again you might get wheels wobble. But dont get any smaller than 57.1 or they'll either not go on or you wont get them back off lol!

Ford wheels wont fit... some early vauxhalls will though.

hope this helps!

Edited by Gemma