who polices the police!?!?

mills787

just driven back from town - only about 4miles, if that. and on the way passed 2 police cars. one overtook me doing about 55 in a 40, as i was crawling at 37 as i know that at 41 id get pulled over as they think any male in a small car is a boy racer, so are looking for any oportunity to pull people me over!

the second cop car i came across pulled out infront of me, without indicationg. fair enough i wasnt anywhere near hitting him, but just annoys me that if i had done either of the things they had been doing id have seen blue lights in my mirrors straight away!!

grumble over :lol:

i had it one time this one traffic cop pulled me 3 times in 3 days on the same strip of road on my way home from work , each time he did the same checks asked the same questions i got to the point on the 3rd day i asked for his name , id number and station and called his OIC and said i was fed up of being harrased by this one police officer and he was constantly pulling me over when i was doing nothing wrong . funnily enough ive not been stopped by him again incase i complain about police harrasment towards young male drivers again :lol:

see the first thing i do when pulled over as its happend sooooooooooooo many times , the routine is , window down , key out of ignition and sit it on the dash above the clocks so they can see them there and get photo ID drivers licence out of the wallet ready for them to have a look , then ask them why i have been pulled over and if they dont have a valid reason ie they cant think of one i ask for there name , ID number and station ( which they have to give ) that way you can check how many times they pull you over :lol:

I "KNOW" someone overtaken by a marked police car doing over 60 mph in a 30 and was amazed that "THEY" never got stopped.

Every morning on way to work a Unmarked Skoda goes past me at about 90mph in a 60, EVERYDAY with the same guy driving it.

Newsflash: The police are allowed to speed for police purposes. Blues on or not.

yeah for police purposes , but not just because they can , they have to be going to a call out . up here a shed load of police were done for speeding as they thought they could get away with it but when the police looked further into it they were just cruising about so they were done :lol:

Every morning on way to work a Unmarked Skoda goes past me at about 90mph in a 60, EVERYDAY with the same guy driving it.

Is it a silver Octavia VRS? I've seen that a couple of times on my way to and from Cheltenham along the A435. Sometimes its going very quickly round the twisties!

yeah for police purposes , but not just because they can , they have to be going to a call out

Not true... the definition is very vague. I employ a policeman who's been taken in an unmarked VRS on A roads at 140mph for training. No blues, no call, completely legit.

My police officer mate has a blackbird and has been 180mph on it. He also did over a 100mph in my S2000 round richmond park which is a 20mph and wasn't even insured! :coffee:

Not true... the definition is very vague. I employ a policeman who's been taken in an unmarked VRS on A roads at 140mph for training. No blues, no call, completely legit.

even ambulance crews up here have been done for speeding aswell up here

last time i attracted any attention from them was when i was taking fotos of my mates car with him. we were acting suspicious according them. doesnt really bother me getting stopped by them though, as long as they are doing their job. but when they have the 'dont do as i do, do as i say' attitude, really pisses me off!

Yeah it is. Always a bloke on his own, always uses fast lane everywhere.

Where you live Chris? I live on the cheese rolling hill

In Ciren, but I work in Cheltenham, so I have the nice A435 to drive along everyday. Seen them driving that Scoda very quickly a couple of times over the last few months, and seen them filling up at the Shell in Brockworth as well.

I never see any other GTI's about, let alone yours!

Theres mine mate, theres Luke (db) theres THE RED ONE (the one forsale, see ashleighs post in general chat). There a real fit blonde lady that drives a silver one and works in Gloucester Hospital. Theres a 55 plate silver one driven buy a young blonde minger who is rude too and wont wave back.lol. Also a young lad drives a red one that Ive waved to here and there.

SO now your filled in with local Lupo GTI's mate.lol

Do you know the ledgendary Bill Badger5 lives in Stroud and his Mrs drives the 1.8T lupo to work in glos every day, thats often around, does the weekley shop in asda after work on a friday in glos (im not stalking her honest)

That Skoda I said, im taking about the odler shape one, do you mean the newer shape one with reg OD06Y..? That pulled me about 2 weeks ago, the bulky copper that drives it has a mk 2 golf GTI and is a keen dubber (just stopped me for a chat, was a nice guy) It hunts in a pair with a Blue unmarked Accord always following each other

Theres mine mate, theres Luke (db) theres THE RED ONE (the one forsale, see ashleighs post in general chat). There a real fit blonde lady that drives a silver one and works in Gloucester Hospital. Theres a 55 plate silver one driven buy a young blonde minger who is rude too and wont wave back.lol. Also a young lad drives a red one that Ive waved to here and there.

SO now your filled in with local Lupo GTI's mate.lol

Do you know the ledgendary Bill Badger5 lives in Stroud and his Mrs drives the 1.8T lupo to work in glos every day, thats often around, does the weekley shop in asda after work on a friday in glos (im not stalking her honest)

That Skoda I said, im taking about the odler shape one, do you mean the newer shape one with reg OD06Y..? That pulled me about 2 weeks ago, the bulky copper that drives it has a mk 2 golf GTI and is a keen dubber (just stopped me for a chat, was a nice guy) It hunts in a pair with a Blue unmarked Accord always following each other

Hehe blimey, I bow down to you local Lupo knowledge 'o oracle! :lol: Didn't know that about Bill either...Its really funny, I think I have only ever seen two other GTIs about, a red one driven by a young blong girl who does wave/flash (the headlights :lol: ) and a silver 51 plate I saw once in Chelt. I guess maybe I don't actually get over to Glos itself that much...

Yeah its the older shape one I see quite a bit - 'hunts in a pair', I like it! Its fun spotting them up and down the A417/419 sometimes.

Back on topic quickly, this reminded me that a few months ago I got stopped on the way back from Stroud. Pulled onto the main road by the gliding club behind a line of cars and a horsebox. The road is straight and well sighted, so I overtook - got past three cars and spotted a car pulling out of a side turn in the distance, so indicated and pulled in behind the horsebox - no dramas. Drove all the way to Ciren (8 miles) with nothing behind me, only to round the first roundabout and notice a tatty blue Focus tearing round the roundabout behind me.

Thinking it was some yob I carried on quite slowly through the housing estate, driving around the humps and turned down a lane to the farm shop we were stopping at. Focus still behind, quite close, starts flashing his lights briefly. I thought he was trying to get me to go quicker down the lane, but it was pretty bumpy. Pulled into the farm and he pulls in behind, gets out of the car and tries to open my door! I have no idea who this bloke is and actually have to ask him who he was before I got any sort of introduction! Anyway, he rambles on about following me after overtaking, which he says caused the drivers behind to brake :wacko: I stayed polite and asked him what the problem was and he starts taking notes and saying he is going to put me forward for prosecution for dangerous driving!! I explain exactly why I pulled back in - to be safe and ask what evidence he has (none, it was just a regular staff car, no equip), was I speeding (I wasn't - horsebox was slow) and he starts claming up, saying 'you'll get a letter in the post about the prosecution'. At this point my wife gets out and asks exactly who he is, can we have his details etc. It was quite funny at this point as we clearly weren't what he was expecting (young married couple, picnic hamper in boot, at a farm shop! :lol: !) and he was back into his car quick sharp, and off. I must say he was terrible, rude, uncommunicative and threatening. As the other half said if it was her on her own she would have locked the doors and not spoken to him as it wasn't obvious he was a copper until we asked to see his badge!

Really did feel like complaining but I thought it might cause more touble than it was worth really - thats the sad thing...

Can the police pull you over for no reason? Or can they use the excuse of "suspicious driving" just if you happen to look like a boy racer or something?

there usual bullsh*t exscuse is general checks where they check your tyres etc but they rarely do , all they do is stop you and ask if its your car

had my car two days an was turning at a set of lights with a filter lane - i was in the filter lane to go right an normal police (not even traffic cops) were in the left lane to go straight through my light was red an theres was green an i was third in the cue an the sat window to window staring in - i was scared to look round incase i did get pulled for some made up reason but my car is legal an that is harrasment