1st detail

decided to detail the lupo this mornin (bought it yesterday) dropped misses at work back for 8 am tooke a few photos to start with

bonnetb4.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

bonnetsideb4.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

sideb4.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

1 pressure wash the loose crap off using a shallow angle and not too close avoiding battering the dust and grit into the paint scratching it

2 then i clay barred it (great stuff)

3 megs gold class car wash using a mitt with 2 buckets

4 megs show car glaze (adds oils to the paint makes it look darker and deeper suprisingly it showed up on the pics)

bonnetduring.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

5 autoglym super resin polish (SRP) this is good stuff to adds depth and shine to the paint and also fills in light scratches and swirls reducing them considerably

6 megs gold class wax

7 megs trim cleaner and metal polish (exhaust) car now looks like this

bonnetsideafter.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

front14.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

rear14.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

sun.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

heres what the srp and wax does to water

sheeting1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

cant beat a good sheet bonnetb4.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

FILTHY

bonnetduring.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

HMM SHINEY

bonnetafter.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

HMM SHINIER im impressed with how well it shows up in the pics it took me 3 hours solid (didnt have time to do much else) i really like the look of the car the paintwork hasnt got many swirls on it at all it does have a few scratches though especially on the roof any suggestions/opinions welcome smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Those last three photos are quite interesting. The way the actual colour of the reflection changes aswell as the clarity

nice work smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Those last three photos are quite interesting. The way the actual colour of the reflection changes aswell as the clarity

nice work

yeh really jumps out doesnt it starts off with a blueish tint goes deep and dark then goes very reflective

1 hour after doin it its chucked it down and its filthy again grrrr

looks very shiney...

I went through a phase of cleaning the lupo every week. Even mid week to get the dust off it. Alas, I realised that the flys/dust/mud/stones/grit/water/salt are always going to win in the end. Especially with a daily commute down the M1 and back.

Adrian

Alas, I realised that the flys/dust/mud/stones/grit/water/salt are always going to win in the end.

Don't let the b*stards grind you down!

Nice work, need to give mine some attention like that.

1 used a jet wash at a shallow angle

2 clay bar

3 megs gold class wash

4 megs show car glaze (2nd pic) adds oils to the paint really brings out the colour and depth

5 autoglym super resin polish (srp)

6 megs gold class wax

took 3 hours